I parted with my FR85

msg221

I bought one last month when I got it for $153.99 from Diapers.com when they had the coupon stacking glitch. I planned on hanging on to it until Zain was ready for it, but then my friend/co-worker was in need of a new seat for her 3 year-old, J. He was super close to outgrowing the EFTA (FF) he was in so she wanted to get him a new seat and pass his EFTA down to her 8 month old, B, who was also close to outgrowing his Evenflo bucket. B is 25 pounds!!! :eek:

Anyway, since she really needed a seat I ended up selling the FR85 to her for what I paid for it to help her out. We installed it in her 2005 Tahoe this morning. It was a breeze to install with LATCH. I had it in there in about 3 minutes. Unfortunately, it took us nearly an hour to figure out that in order to fold down the headrest in the second row, you had to fold the entire seat up first! We searched the owner's manual and couldn't find anything (or maybe we were looking in the wrong place). Finally I searched online, and of course found the answer in an old thread right here! Simple, once I found the answer!

She and her son are very happy with his new seat. In fact, I rode with her to the grocery store (literally 3 minutes from my house) so she could run in while I stayed with the boys, and J fell asleep in it before we even got there, and she was thrilled that he didn't have head slump in it!!!

Now if only I had remembered to take a pic of him in it!!!

ADS

firemomof3

I know how you feel. I bought a FR85 a few months ago intending to use it for ds and I really didn't like it :duck: So I sold it...but I forgot to take pics :mad:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Serenade is 35...or hopefully a 25 pound 8 mo is a typo? (Not just because he'd clearly have outgrown another Evenflo, but oh wow, that's a lot of baby to carry :))

msg221

Yes, it was the Serenade, not one of the 22 lb. buckets. And yes, that is a lot of baby to carry!

I never even got a chance to play with the FR 85 in MY car! Well, that's okay, I was stressing over FF Zain when the time comes anyway. He'll be 3 in May so I hope he lasts RF in the TFP until then. I am still thinking that if he does outgrow the TFP by weight, I might just have him swap seats with his sister, and he can use the MA70 since it goes to 40 lbs.

Firemom, what didn't you like about the FR85? Just curious.

Oh well, I now have some extra money after selling the seat and a case of Huggies I had that the babies outgrew. I am saving toward buying a DSLR camera!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC