Well this is frustrating...

ADS

Blondie87

Dang.. that sucks. Can you later try to make it more upright so you can gain some room? I know with that dang recline block thing it can be pretty reclined sometimes...

xxluckychicxx

It's not really reclined at all in my car. The back of it is completely flush with the seat back.

I'm disappointed and dont know what to do with him. He's not even 4 1/2 yet and while he is booster trained for very short and very occasional rides, he's no where near full time booster ready.

The Regent's top slots arent really any higher are they?

xxluckychicxx

He's 46in, so not ridiculously tall. I've reinstalled it 3 times and its the same each time.

On the other hand, this thing goes in like a dream using the long belt path. Short belt path is a no go though, and I havent tried LATCH yet.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Oh, that IS ridiculously tall, actually :eek: My dd's 6 months older, maybe pushing 45", and towers above all the 4 and 5 year olds in her preschool class. She's at the second to top notch on the FR80, so her torso isn't as long as his, for sure. I think you'll still have a good 8+ months before his shoulders actually creep above the top slots (FR85 is taller than the Regent, I thought :confused:).
On the plus side, the FR 85 makes a great booster, and the secure guard clip might be a nice feature :thumbsup:

HEVY

Lol, yes he is really tall. Check out DD's stats and she's 3 yrs older.
Check this out.
http://pediatrics.about.com/cs/usefultools/l/bl_kids_centils.htm

I understand the frustrating part. When I recently uninstalled/reinstalled the seat it was at the top slot and I was so disappointed that this seat wasn't going to last longer harnessed (not sure how, but after few more intalls she gained more room than she originally had :shrug-shoulders:) I can only imagine how it feels when your son is so much younger.

Chameleon

I totally feel for you. My son is tall too at a hair under 46 inches at 5 years old. He recently had a growth spurt - all torso of course. We only have a FN80 though which is not as tall. He has outgrown that though so now we use it in booster mode.

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC