Question If you were going to buy a new Britax, which would you choose?

Cristina

I like Britax because they allow RF tethering and I never had any trouble getting a good install in any car I tried them in.
If, at some point I need something different to keep my ginormous DD RF longer I will cross that bridge when I come to it.
So, my DD is 5 1/2 months old, almost 19 pounds and proportionately tall (not sure exactly how many inches). She is currently in a Keyfit 22, but looking like she might appreciate some more room so a convertible is in the near future for us.

I had a Decathlon for DD#1 and liked everything about it except that tightening the straps was not super smooth or easy.
Any similar issues with any of the new seats?
Is there one that you all prefer over the others?
Trying to decide which one to get
TIA

ADS

cpsaddict

I have the Marathon 70 and love it. The harness adjuster is very smooth, not a tugging motion like the older models and a million times easier than the Decathlon. The install is easy and the covers wash up nicely. Overall, I would buy it again. Love, love, love it.

Holly

I don't have experience with the NEW Britax seats, but I have a RA50 and I Love it!
My ds will be 2 in February and he fits in it well and is really comfy and has lots of growing room. I got it this past June when it was on clearance for $50.
He had a seat at the time that was fine, I just wanted to jump on that deal.
IF I had been buying a seat for him on purpose (because he needed it) and I wanted him to ERF comfortably for a long time AND wanted to RF tether, I think I would have gone with a Radian (They can RF tether too, you probably already know that, but if not, there you go).

We have 2 radians, both my dd's are using them FFing right now. If my oldest starts using a booster this next year (she wants to and I'm ok with it if we can find one that will work for us) then I'm putting ds in one of the radians RF so he has more leg room.

I have heard that the new Britax seats have more leg room than the older models, but I don't personally have experience with that.

Kegracin

I have a Marathon 70 I think I might have liked a BLVD70 but DH liked the price of the MA better and it was replacing an expired MA. The wings just would have been nice for when the seat was used forward facing.

I do love my MA70 my 2 year old is rear facing in at the moment. I pretty much got it for the same reasons you are looking at it for. It goes in so nicely in all the vehicles we have and it fits so nicely next to my rear facing Roundabout 50 that we have for my 11 month old. (Well the RA50 was supposed to be the 2yr olds but he went and grew like over night and the straps needed to be adjusted but I didn't have time to fix it and the MA70 has the one hand adjuster so he got moved to the new seat and just hasnt moved back.) Oh yeah the new adjuster thing is the best thing ever, I also think there is more leg room but neither one cares much about that. They changed the cover too so its easier to take off but I have not tried it yet. The latch is the same easy as always I have not tried the new lock offs but the reviews all say its not to bad.

Have fun shopping.

rachelandtyke

I'd go with a BV70 because I like the head wings. :)

:yeahthat: That is what we will most likely get next year when our older BLVD expires even though we already have a RA50 that is less than a year old. The headwings are just something that DH and I have a preference for and I have a preference for rf tethering. Since my kids are small, I am sure that we can rf until past 4 in the seat.

Cristina

Thanks for the input.
I am leaning towards the Boulevard. My only question is, do the headwings make it significantly more difficult to get kids into the seat when RF?

Baby is pretty mellow so I don't anticipate any fights about getting in her seat, but you never know...and I like the idea of added protection from them

Also, any preference between the regular and the CS?

TIA

arly1983

Either the MA 70 or BV 70.

The wings on the MA70 are not nearly as substancial as the ones on the BV70 but I like them both and probably would get the MA70. I like the covers and price better on the MA70.

rachelandtyke

Thanks for the input.
I am leaning towards the Boulevard. My only question is, do the headwings make it significantly more difficult to get kids into the seat when RF?

Baby is pretty mellow so I don't anticipate any fights about getting in her seat, but you never know...and I like the idea of added protection from them

TIA

We have not had any issues getting our kids into the Blvd rfing and DD rf in it until past her 4th birthday. And we used in a variety of cars since we traveled with it also.

It seems there are a lot of mixed reviews on the CS aspect of it (as in plenty of people with it saying it doesn't always work as it should). If it was the same price or close to it and I liked a cover on it better, then I might get one, but otherwise I'll just get a regular one. I know how to be sure the harness is buckled and tightened correctly.

katiesmommy

I personally would go with the MA70, I'm comfortable enough not having the BLVD70 headwings, and I'd go with a cowmoo cover either way, so that doesn't sway me.

Cristina

We have not had any issues getting our kids into the Blvd rfing and DD rf in it until past her 4th birthday. And we used in a variety of cars since we traveled with it also.

It seems there are a lot of mixed reviews on the CS aspect of it (as in plenty of people with it saying it doesn't always work as it should). If it was the same price or close to it and I liked a cover on it better, then I might get one, but otherwise I'll just get a regular one. I know how to be sure the harness is buckled and tightened correctly.

I'm confident I can get the kids in well without it :)
I like the Emily pattern (my DC was Tiffany and it was so soft and pretty)
Does the CS aspect change how easy/smooth the adjustments are?
I made do with my DC, and DD#1 was always properly tightened in...but it annoyed me every day. I just want to make sure the seat for DD#2 is super easy

babyherder

I'd go with a Paisley BV70 or a BVCS in Emily cause I love those covers. I'd be ok with my kid in either an MA70 or BV70 so I'd go with cover preference. If I was going to get an MA I'd look for an old one cause I like the cover choices on the old MA better.

pepsicola

The Marathon in red or cowmoo. I think it has taller top slots than the Ra55, and my daughter would probably hate the headwings on the Blvd. And the rf tether is a big deal to me, too (although I would prefer an arb).

abigaylebelle

I bought a blvd70 a few months ago to replace a roundabout that was ruined. I was also debating the ma70 vs. blvd70 but ds had a preference for headwings so we got the blvd. The harness adjuster is super smooth, as nice as the original roundabout. I'd probably just get whichever seat has the cover you like since the seats are pretty much the same.

Anne

Thanks for the input.

TIA

IME, the child either goes in the seat easy, or they're not going in at all. So I wouldn't consider future fights to get in when deciding on head wings or not. My DD went through a phase of refusing her seat and it wouldn't have mattered a bit the size, shape, orientation or anything of her seat, it was impossible to get her in without breaking her.

luckyclov

I have the Marathon 70 and love it. The harness adjuster is very smooth, not a tugging motion like the older models and a million times easier than the Decathlon. The install is easy and the covers wash up nicely. Overall, I would buy it again. Love, love, love it.
I'll just co-sign this. I don't always have a lot of love for Britaxes, but I love the new MA70. Plus, mine moos, which is an extra point scorer - for me, anyways. ;)

Cristina

Thanks all. I think I am going to do the BV.
Now to decide what cover...wish there was somewhere I could see them all in person

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC