Levi in MR,EFTA and CA

leighi123

3yrs 5months, 25lbs, 35", 12" torso.

(he insisted on 'seeing if they are good for sleeping')

MR:
DSC05579.jpg

DSC05580.jpg

5" to the top of the shell. This was measured WITH the infant insert in (I didnt want to take it all apart to get it out), so he probably has even a little more room to grow than that.
He liked it overall, and said it was comfy, but then I moved the infant insert and he said the "but area is lumpy", I stuck my hand in there and it did feel lumpy, but not as if there was something weird in the seat that doesnt go there, I guess thats just how it is?
I had a hard time tightening the harness.

EFTA:
DSC05581.jpg

DSC05582.jpg

7" to the top of the shell.
I dont like the chest clip or the harness height adjusters on this one. The harness straps also seem real close to his neck. Levi had no opinion on its comfort, he just said it was "fine"

CA:
DSC05583.jpg

DSC05584.jpg

(creepy baby in the background is part of the display behind him)
7.5" to the top of the shell.
His favorite seat of all of them, though probably b/c its purple! Again I dont like the chest clip, just b/c of the button style and the headrest adjuster seemed stuck on this seat (it was fine on the other 2 they had on display). Also the hip area of the harness was on his tummy, not on his hip bone, which kinda seemed to dig in there when it was tight at the collar bone. Not low on his hip like the other 2 seats and the RN. He didnt seem to notice this though. The headwings actually fit him vs being a little high still in the RN. The little flap things under the harness at the shoulders are nice for him, but I had to mess with them to get them in the right spot.

ADS

abigaylebelle

What a cutie! I love his eyes and hair.
The efta harness looks different than the old one, I thought the old one wasn't so close to the neck.
My ds also has a 12" torso. It's really fun that he fits well in so many seats.

leighi123

What a cutie! I love his eyes and hair.
The efta harness looks different than the old one, I thought the old one wasn't so close to the neck.
My ds also has a 12" torso. It's really fun that he fits well in so many seats.

Thanks! He is even cuter when he isnt making silly faces and when he doesn't have blotches all over himself! He is super little, he even has growing room in the corroco (not much, but some), he is just now at the 1" mark on the bigger snugrides (I forget which one, I stuck him in one at a seat check a couple weeks ago). I wonder how long he is going to last RF in his XTSL? I told him when he gets too heavy or too tall we will have to turn his seat around and he freaked out saying "thats not safe for small kids mommy"

Yeah I agree about the older EFTA's - my friend has her 16month old and 3yr old (a month older than Levi but a head taller) in them, both FF, and I've checked her seats a few times and have never thought they were exceptionally close to the neck. Would be good for younger babies, but might be annoying on kids Levi's size or bigger.

babyherder

He's adorable! I agree with him on the purple. Its one of my favorite seat patterns. I'd go with the MR or the CA. Looks like he's being strangled in the EFTA.

leighi123

The headrest on the CA goes higher than the top of the shell so he would have even more room.

I dont think Mr. shorty pants will ever get that tall! I couldnt really play with the headrest b/c it seemed to be broken or stuck or something, so I didnt see how high it goes.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC