Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Question HBB in Europe that does not allow head flop when sleeping???

My DD is 4y 4 months. She is 42#. I currently have her in an American Nautilus (not worried about it being illegal as they couldn't car less about car seat )

My probelm with the Nautilus is the head flop when she is sleeping on trips.
    My Mother in Law wants to get a seat for her car so I thought we could put the Nautilus in hers and get a new one for us.

So I need recommendations please!!

I was looking at the Cybex but read maybe ther eare some issues with the ISO Fix?

Thank you!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: HBB in Europe that does not allow head flop when sleeping???

what about Recaro Monza?

I agree about the Recaro Monza... you can even get it with Isofix

However, if you would like to keep her harnessed, then I'd suggest either getting a Britax Frontier 85, the Recaro Prosport, or a rf seat from sweden (they rf to 55lbs or more over there)

Check out my new hair blog - Ruthie-dos

Senior Community Member Adventuredad's Avatar

If you have Isofix a Britax Kid Fix is great and the safest way for an older child to travel forward facing. If you don't have Isofix I would recommend a Britax Adventure. It's a light weight seat which is cheap, comfortable, last a long time and works very well. It has two positions for recline.

It's my standard travel seat for my kids (age 7 and 4.5) wherever we travel.

DD will also fit RF in a Britax Multi Tech or Two-Way until 50 inches but this might not be desirable for you.
    Annika: 8 • Britax Adventure
    Daniel: 11 • Britax Adventure
    I will only post ONE comment in each thread. If you have further questions send a PM or email
    Imported child seats may not conform to applicable safety standards, laws or customs regulations in some countries.

Not sure where you are in Europe, but the Monterey is sold in Germany and various other EU countries.

Now, before I get flamed into oblivion, 4 is a bit young IMO for a booster. BUT, if you think your child will be compliant and you try the Monterey and its a good fit, I can tell you that my DD#1 has NEVER had head flop in her Monterey while she ALWAYS has head flop in her former Nautilus. I hate that Nautilus for that reason.

She has used the Monterey since 1m after her 5th b-day. Her weight has stayed around 40lbs for nearly 2 years now (don't ask). Her other seat is a Parkway that I got to replace the hated Nautilus. The Parkway doesn't have head flop either, but she says its not as comfy as the Monterey.

YMMV.
    Melissa

DD#1, April 2004, FFg in a Pink Harmony Literider & Onyx Parkway SG
    DD#2, January 2007, FFg in a Pink Monterey & Purple with Pink Hearts HBTB

Riding in my 2010 Toyota RAV4 and DH's 2011 Ford 150 Crew Cab

Thank you all so much!! I think I will take a deeper look at the Kidfix and the Monza. We got a Recaro Young Sport fo rmy son this last summer and we love it!