HBB in Europe that does not allow head flop when sleeping???

zosiasmama

My DD is 4y 4 months. She is 42#. I currently have her in an American Nautilus (not worried about it being illegal as they couldn't car less about car seat :( )

My probelm with the Nautilus is the head flop when she is sleeping on trips.
My Mother in Law wants to get a seat for her car so I thought we could put the Nautilus in hers and get a new one for us.

So I need recommendations please!!

I was looking at the Cybex but read maybe ther eare some issues with the ISO Fix?

Thank you!

ADS

Kat_Momof3

I agree about the Recaro Monza... you can even get it with Isofix

However, if you would like to keep her harnessed, then I'd suggest either getting a Britax Frontier 85, the Recaro Prosport, or a rf seat from sweden (they rf to 55lbs or more over there)

Adventuredad

If you have Isofix a Britax Kid Fix is great and the safest way for an older child to travel forward facing. If you don't have Isofix I would recommend a Britax Adventure. It's a light weight seat which is cheap, comfortable, last a long time and works very well. It has two positions for recline.

It's my standard travel seat for my kids (age 7 and 4.5) wherever we travel.

DD will also fit RF in a Britax Multi Tech or Two-Way until 50 inches but this might not be desirable for you.

bubbaray

Not sure where you are in Europe, but the Monterey is sold in Germany and various other EU countries.

Now, before I get flamed into oblivion, 4 is a bit young IMO for a booster. BUT, if you think your child will be compliant and you try the Monterey and its a good fit, I can tell you that my DD#1 has NEVER had head flop in her Monterey while she ALWAYS has head flop in her former Nautilus. I hate that Nautilus for that reason.

She has used the Monterey since 1m after her 5th b-day. Her weight has stayed around 40lbs for nearly 2 years now (don't ask). Her other seat is a Parkway that I got to replace the hated Nautilus. The Parkway doesn't have head flop either, but she says its not as comfy as the Monterey.

YMMV.

zosiasmama

Thank you all so much!! I think I will take a deeper look at the Kidfix and the Monza. We got a Recaro Young Sport fo rmy son this last summer and we love it!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC