Does the Avenue fit newbies?

menfusse

I have an Avenue sitting in my house not getting any love. I've been meaning to donate it, and a friend was going to take it (who was having a rough time financially, but things work out and she passed on it). E's FF full time now and I have decided that in the emergency situation of "zomg we need to go somewhere right this minute and her FR85's are unavailable", she can ride in the Vivo.

I have a another friend who is pregnant. A little over 3 months. She and her husband had never really planned to have kids and she's been on the pill for years. Whoops. She's in the middle of school to get her masters, working at walmart to help cover tuition. He has a decent income, but with the tuition and all that, well I wanna give her the seat. But, I don't know how well it fits newbies. Her dh is enormous. Very tall and broad. She's average height, on the heavy side. She said they were both big babies at birth, though I know that doesn't always mean anything when you are trying to guess newbie sizes.

Anyway, so should I tell her that she'll still need a carrier style of some kind? Or will the Avenue do well for her from birth on?

ADS

babyherder

I think it depends on the baby. I know the Avenue has higher slots than the scenera so between the two the scenera is generally recommended for newborns. I know you don't have a scenera so I guess I'd wait and see how big their baby is...Not very helpful.

Dillipop

I plan on putting my 7 week old in our uptown, which is the same shell as the avenue, in the next week or 2. I guess I should try her in it. Although dd is 13 pounds right now, I don't see a difference in how she fits in her companion, so if she fits the uptown now, I think she would have fit it at birth.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Usually not. But, if they want the bucket it would be a great follow-up to the bucket :)

Laurette

Mine did not. She didn't fit until about two months. This is from the first time I tried her in it. It wasn't installed, we were in the house. I think the straps were just at her sholders.

IMG_1330.jpg
\

ETA: She was aprox. 13-14 lbs here.

menfusse

I'll measure them, but of course it will still depend on the baby. I told her she can get a lesser expensive bucket until it grows some if she has to do it that way. What are the well fitting buckets that are on the lesser expensive side of the things?

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
For an inexpensive bucket, I'd try to find a front-adjust Designer 22 or Baby Trend (exept I hate the handle rule).
Or see who has something on swap.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Yeah, um, mine was on the second slots the first time I put her in it (at 3-4 weeks old) but, uh, she's abnormal. LOL. Most newbs won't fit for a couple of months.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC