Carseat name Lingo

MommaKellie

I'm familiar with SOME of the abbreviations for car seat names, but not all. Is there a list that I can refer too? If not, can we build one here?

MR- My Ride
NE-Nautilus Elite
CA-
GN-
TF-
TFR-
TFP-
RA-
RN-
TB-
BK-

etc...

ADS

2BunniesMommy

I'm familiar with SOME of the abbreviations for car seat names, but not all. Is there a list that I can refer too? If not, can we build one here?

MR- My Ride
NE-Nautilus Elite
CA-Complete Air
GN-Graco Nautilus
TF-TrueFit
TFR-True Fit Recline
TFP- True Fit Premier
RA- Roundabout
RN- Radian
TB-TurboBooster
BK-Not a clue

etc...

Hope this helps.

ctbcleveland

Sadly, I popped into this thread getting a little excited. I was thinking - cool a new seat called "Lingo". Must be made by Chicco or Combi.

Kinda of a cute name if you ask me.

Pixels

There's a link in Lovinwaves's siggy to common forum abbreviations. It should have carseat abbreviations as well as more common internet ones, such as DH, DD, ISO. Put lovinwaves in the search box, find any post by her, and check her signature.

Kat_Momof3

MR- My Ride
NE-Nautilus Elite
CA-Complete Air
GN-Graco Nautilus (not Elite)
TF-TrueFit
TFR-probably a misprint intending to be TFP
TFP-Truefit Premier
RA-Roundabout (RA50 is now more common... Roundabout 50)
RN-Radian
TB-Turbobooster
BK-Big Kid (Evenflo Big Kid Booster)

etc...

answers are in red

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Tara, the Elite version has a slightly plusher cover, adjustable headwings, and a seatbelt lockoff.

By the by, how old is your daughter? She looks so little in that Nautilus - are you familiar with extended rearfacing?

The lingo that really got me when I first came to the board was "EFTA." BRU was having a sale and people kept talking about a great price for the "EFTA." I searched and searched but could never find it referred to by name... Took me WEEKS before I found out it was Evenflo Triumph Advance. Of course it's been replaced by the EFT65... but I still don't understand why it's EFTA/EFT65 instead of ETA, lol...

Baylor

I have two Nautiluses too. I love the purple one your Daughter is in.. But I have two boys..
Are you thinking of getting another? An Elite?

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC