WTB toddler sling/carrier...totally open to different types- tell me what you have

Ok, so I've been taking Alexis to Disney every time I watch her now, she has really started to enjoy it and there are many, many times and places that I have to park the stroller and carry her for lengthy periods of time such as when we line up for a ride or maybe watch the Castle Show/Parades... I have to hold her for the duration so she can see.

She's extremely attached to me and very shy sometimes so she can get overly clingy (see siggy pic lol :rolleyes:) Her days with me are the only times that she gets one on one attention (she's the youngest of 3) so she really just wants to be held as much a pssible but it's getting really tough to hold her *and* push a stroller when she gets clingy.

I'm beginning to think that I could really benefit from owning some type of carrier/ sling for her so before I buy anything new I wanted to see what you all have on here to maybe help someone out and that way if I hate it, I can resell without such a huge loss etc.

She is 20 months, about 22 maybe 23lbs now and fairly petite in general. Does anyone here have something they are looking to sell that would be appropriate? I'm really clueless when it comes to carriers so I will not know what they are by name/pattern name so pictures would be extremely helpful for me to make a decision. I interested in front/hip carriers and slings...not back- I don't think she'd go for that at all, she likes to be cuddled.

Thanks!

ADS

rachelandtyke

I've got a Sara's Ride hip carrier. It's canvas with a waist strap and padded shoulder strap. :)

DSC_0029-4.jpg

TerisBoys

I've got a Sara's Ride hip carrier. It's canvas with a waist strap and padded shoulder strap. :)

DSC_0029-4.jpg

I adored my Sara's Ride when my boys were about your little sister's size. Easy to get them in/out of, and not a lot of hot fabric around me or them.

In fact, I almost suggested one in your sling thread last night.

skipspin

Are you available to meet in Lakeland next week? I'll be there anyway.

I have some things you could try if you wanted and maybe a carrier or two you could borrow for a few months or trade or something.

I have a Beco, Angelpack MY, Hip Carrier (similar to the sarah's ride and for sale), Woven wrap, and two ringslings. One is absolutely stunning and great for this weather since it's stinkin hot. If there is anything else you want to try out I could probably borrow them from a friend to bring. She has an Ergo and tons of other carriers too.

You guys are awesome... thanks! looks like I really have to do some research here! Skipspin, thanks! I love the look of the Beco but she'd have to go on my back at her size, right? I haven't even heard of the Babyhawk or Angelpack...I'm going to go check it out. I have heard good things about the Ergo too, I went from no options to 10 so I have to check them all out!

arly1983

No carriers here to sell but I thought I would mention the babyhawk Oh Snap! I used it for an entire week at DW with a much heavier LO.

skipspin

You guys are awesome... thanks! looks like I really have to do some research here! Skipspin, thanks! I love the look of the Beco but she'd have to go on my back at her size, right? I haven't even heard of the Babyhawk or Angelpack...I'm going to go check it out. I have heard good things about the Ergo too, I went from no options to 10 so I have to check them all out!

Nope. My DS2 is 26 lbs (as been over 25 since 8 months!) and almost 2 now and I can wear him on my front, although I only do that if he's asleep because I'm short and he's big and his head bumps my chin if he's looking around. If he's sick or sleeping, though, I wear him on the front because he likes to cuddle. There's no weight/age restriction at all.

The Angelpack is a MT. Nothing too special, but I like it a lot. The Beco is more supportive, but I can do the angelpack too with DS2. I wore DS1 in it when I was 8 months pregnant with DS2. :)

BananaBoat

Just to clarify, when you say that she needs to be carried in front, do you mean facing in (towards you) or facing out? That makes a big difference for Soft Structured Carriers, as many don't allow facing out. The Pikkolo is one of the few ones we tried that does allow facing in or out in front AND is supportive enough for a 20 pound + child on a small-framed woman (I'm 5' 5" & 111# for reference).

mamom

I have a black ergo that I am considering selling...I wanted to be a toddler wearing mom, but I just think I like my strollers :( I only used the ergo a handful of times.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC