Just got the Maestro

RYLANSMOM

my ds who is 3 rides in my car with the gn and dads Chevy s10 crew cab in efta. He also has another ff seat in grandmas and aunts cars. He is on the top slot in grandma and aunts but just moved there. I'm trying to figure who gets this seat. I love the efta however it is a larger seat for the vehicle it is in. In the snowy weather I want my son as safe as possible. That said the Chevy truck does not have latch so the seat can not be tethered. Which seat would do better not tethered. The seats in the other cars are both sceneras. I don't believe the gn woukd fit in the truck bc the middle seat goes in more narrow and gn has to be fully on seat. .

ADS

RYLANSMOM

P.s. I was so tempted to get the ca today at bru. The no retired seat was so cool and coming from the efta I just knew I'd love it but height wise my son would get more room out of the maestro. He is 27 lbs BTW.

NannyMom

How much does he weigh? What year is the truck? Even without having LATCH, vehicles can often be retrofitted with top tethers.

NannyMom

I just moved, and my latch manual is MIA. Someone else with a manual can look it up. Since it's 2001, it may already have tethers. I've seen some things you'd never guess to be a tether in trucks :)

RYLANSMOM

I've seriously thought about rf him again Atleast through winter. He has been ff for quite awhile and to be honest had never really heard much about erf until this site and educating myself more. The only problem with rf him woukd be that we would only be able to do it in the efta and I don't think it would work in dads truck since it is so small the front seat woukd be in the way and can't have it in middle because the seat is to narrow in middle. I feel that he is safe in gn installed in my suv. Rock solid install with latch.

RYLANSMOM

I forgot to mention that I do have 2 Evenflo Generations ( I don't know if these are the 65 lbs ones or the original I will have to look at them more) I just got them from a friend of mine who put her daughter in a booster. The reason I don't use them is my son doesn't seem to sit well in it. He wiggles and has horrible headslump. Also it was "acceptable" as in the install but not to my standards and def. not as good as the seat he is in now. So when I got the GN I put the EFTA in dads truck. How do you tell if its original or the 65 ( I don't think my friend would know and I doubt she still has the manual.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Stickers on the side of the seat give the weight limits, so just read them :).
A 2001 Truck should definitely have tethers, as nannymom said, they may not LOOK like tethers, but they are there, you'll have to read the manual to find out how to use them properly.

RYLANSMOM

I am so excited! I looked up the manual and it said he has it. I had not a clue! I guess I thought since he didn't have the lower anchors he wouldn't have the tether. That is not the case. I can't wait for him to get home so I can install the seat correctly. I think I will try and keep him in efta in dads truck gn my suv ef generations I'm hoping for 65 ill check that out soon...for grandma suv. And hopefully trade the other in for another maestro when he outgrows efta...or maybe I can try the gn in the truck and see if it fits if so maybe another gn or even the frontier85 just bc that seat seems so comfy!

RYLANSMOM

So I found the tether and after wrestling with the truck and the back seat the efta is properly installed. The fit isn't as tight as my suv but its less than one inch. Since he doesn't have lower anchors I find the belt installs aren't as solid as latch. My son being only 27 lbs shod have plenty of room to grow. Between the slot e is on and top slot its about 4 fingers width. He's average height longer legged and small weight. So I think efta will stay there bc he loves that seat and more than any other including gn. Does efta have to dully be on seat. I read the manual and didn't see it mentioned. It is fully on seat but the edge of the base the is round sticks up just a bit..I can stick my finger under. I will take a pic if u need. Is that ok?

RYLANSMOM

IMAG0313.jpg

IMAG0314.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC