5 kiddos in a Ody-logistics?

HayleyCPST

One of the families I met at my friends playcare has 5 little ones. Yesterday I helped her out to the car with her 1 yr old twins. Of course I noticed their car seat situation and we have set up a car seat check for later this week.

Right now they have 3 FF radians 3rd row and 2 snugrides in the captains chairs.

The kids are:
4 yr old- small, maybe 30lbs?
1 yr old twins- very small, I would say around 22-25lbs.
2 month old twins-also small, maybe 8lbs?

Obviously the 1 yr olds should still be RF and they probably put the 1 yr olds FF because they weren't sure they could fit RF. (or I don't know why)

So, my question is.....everyone out there with a full load! Can you fit 2 RF RN's in the 3rd row? I believe it's a 2010 or 2009 Odyssey.
Or should they put the babies in the 3rd row and the radians in the captains chairs?
What about logistics of having the kids get in/out? Buckling situations? I think they had one captain chair offset so the pathway to the 3rd row is on the side.

I'm guessing to have the 4 yr old center 3rd row is ideal because then she can tend to everyone or let mommy know if someone is unhappy.

Any suggestions would be great!
TIA

ADS

emtb79

I personally couldnt do it because if you put them outboardin the 3rd row. the plastic parts that are there where the seat folds.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
As long as there is a TA center (and I think there is,) that's what I would do. RF/FF/RF Radian 3rd row, Snugrides captain's chairs (or capt chair/plus1 if it fits.)

Alternative: RF Radians 60 part of bench, 40 folded down; SRs and FF Radian second row. Guess the Radian would have to go outboard though, due to lack of center TA, so maybe nevermind that.

Second alternative after reading above posts -- Toddlers RF Radians captain's chair, 4yo FF Radian 3rd row center, Snugrides outboard 3rd row and load through hatch.

The 1yos are probably FF because the family knows no differently.

abacus2

If things would fit this way, I think I would try to RF 1 year olds in the captains chairs, place the 4 year old FFing outboard in the rear seat and put the infant seats side by side in the back.

emtb79

Odys do have a center TA in the 3rd row it just is on the on the sill of the rear hatch making the cargo area

lovemybabies924

if she can put the passenger side captains chair to the middle position it would make access to the 3rd row passenger and middle spot A LOT easier :) and then i would put the 1 year olds in the captains chairs RF (middle seat would have to be latch i think at least in my 2004 it does if you want to use the 3rd row and not jump thru the seat belt), and then i would put the 4 year old in the drivers side 3rd row (i hear u can move the tether over??), and the snug rides side by side in the middle/passenger side. did that make sense? and if they had to put the 4 year old in later after the snugrides were already in just put the kid thru the hatch and buckle her that way!

HayleyCPST

The passenger captain chair is already moved to the middle.
I'm just trying to visualize how to buckle in the 4 yr old when she's FF outboard? There's no way unless you are either in the trunk leaning over her or squeezing behind the snugrides...?

What I specifically want to know is if a RF radian can install in the 3rd row.

What if we did 3rd row: snugride, FFRN, RFRN and 2nd row: snugride, RFRN. Then Mom can snap in the babies and buckle the FF radian from the 2nd row?

I just want to know what will work and what won't work so we aren't there with 5 cranky kids for 2 hours.

soccer_widow

I have a RF Radian in my Ody third row. I have put 2 back there on occasion. I think that I would do 2 RF Radians outboard third row, FF Radian center. Then Snugrides in the Captain's chairs, and have third row kids climb in before putting the infant seat into the base. Then you can load/buckle the third row RF kids through the back hatch.

emtb79

I have a RF Radian in my Ody third row. I have put 2 back there on occasion. I think that I would do 2 RF Radians outboard third row, FF Radian center. Then Snugrides in the Captain's chairs, and have third row kids climb in before putting the infant seat into the base. Then you can load/buckle the third row RF kids through the back hatch.

If you have any photos could I see some of the Radians installed because I couldnt get mine installed outboard because the boot hit my seats where the seat folded.

soccer_widow

If you have any photos could I see some of the Radians installed because I couldnt get mine installed outboard because the boot hit my seats where the seat folded.

I will try to take some tomorrow when I rearrange the seats for an upcoming trip. I am alone with the kids today and tonight, so I may not get a chance to do it until DH gets home. My Ody is an '05 if that makes a difference.

I had issues using the plus one with a RF Radian in the third row. I had to move the captain's chair forward to get a Radian to fit. Since the plus one is stationary, I had a hard time getting another seat there. I tried a Snugride22, Scenera, MA, Radian and Keyfit. The Keyfit is the only one I got an acceptable install with.

swtgi1982

With the bucket seat off set I would put the 4 yr old in spot behind where the acres to the third row is and the two toddlers RF next to it. Snugrides in bucket seats. Load toddlers from gate.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC