Chicco Strada

Kris0722

Just curious - I notice that this booster is not recommended very often on this forum. I own one and we love it - just curious why I don't see it mentioned more often?

Personally I was between the Probooster and the Strada, and we wound up winning a free Strada... So obviously, my decision became much easier at that point!:p

I know on some other cs forums I go to, it is discussed more often.

Just curious! Thanks!

Last edited:
ADS

christineka

It's probably because we haven't seen pictures of kids in it to see that they fit well or because we just don't think of it. I try to recommend it when I think of it.

Kris0722

Glad to hear it is just overlooked - I was hoping there was not some negative information on it I had missed. :eek:

I actually read that review prior to winning it, so winning that seat made me that much happier! :)

I have to say, it fits my 6 year old very well and I love that as he grows, it can expand outward to accomodate growing shoulders. He LOVES it, especially b/c it is his favorite color - RED! :) I was very impressed with how it hits him in all the right places and that he finds it so comfortable. I was also very impressed with the mechanism they have to attach the seat back to the bottom. Seems like a very well made seat!

MomToEliEm

I have to say, it fits my 6 year old very well and I love that as he grows, it can expand outward to accomodate growing shoulders. He LOVES it, especially b/c it is his favorite color - RED! :) I was very impressed with how it hits him in all the right places and that he finds it so comfortable. I was also very impressed with the mechanism they have to attach the seat back to the bottom. Seems like a very well made seat!

Maybe you could post some pictures or write a review on it. That might help us know more about this booster.

autumnlily

I have one. Haven't used it yet - but I'll get some photo's flowing on the board... because, your right, it is a great seat and should get some due publicity :)

Kat_Momof3

I think it's mostly because, for the money, it's usually a better buy to get a Monterey, a Parkway, Probooster, or Turbobooster.

It doesn't have any features that really STAND OUT... to make it worth the price.

I'd love to see some photos... show us if the seat is really worth it...

firemomof3

I think it's mostly because, for the money, it's usually a better buy to get a Monterey, a Parkway, Probooster, or Turbobooster.

It doesn't have any features that really STAND OUT... to make it worth the price.

:yeahthat:

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member

It's on the shortish side, but other than that, it's a perfectly nice seat. There's this thrust to buy only the tallest hbb you can find, but if your kid is short-torsoed, like mine, you don't need that height.

andre149

I agree... I think it's mostly because it's a newer seat that none of us have really seen in use or pictures of it to see how it fits kiddos. This isn't a re-make of a seat they already had, it's a brand new seat, which takes a while to get "into the pool" :)

Personally, I think that for the price of that booster you could get something like the Monterrey or PWSG, which are able to latch into your car and eliminate the step of needing to buckle the seat every time it's unoccupied so it's not a projectile. My guess is if the price comes down on this a little bit we may see it used more often.

christineka

Personally, I think that for the price of that booster you could get something like the Monterrey or PWSG, which are able to latch into your car and eliminate the step of needing to buckle the seat every time it's unoccupied so it's not a projectile. My guess is if the price comes down on this a little bit we may see it used more often.

The monterey fits broader kids better. The parkway sg had pretty bad lap belt fit on even my 10 year old without the sg clip. I think the strada should be considered despite the fact that it's price point is around the same as the parkway sg and the monterey.

Kris0722

Thanks everyone - you gave some fabulous feedback on the seat! :)

Hopefully over the holidays I will have some time to take some pics and share them. My kiddo is pretty average sized so he seems to have a good amount of room. The belt hits him in the right places and he is comfy, so for us, it has been a good start into boostering! (He is in K now, so I wanted one to have on hand. He rides harnessed in the other vehicles he rides in, but requested to keep the booster in my car. Now that he is over 6 and about 46 lbs, I decided I was fine with that). I love how happy, comfy and safe he feels in his seat!

Like I said, I like the way it expands outward if there is a need... The height will be our only problem I could foresee - but really, for a slim average kiddo, I suspect it won't be an issue - or at least, I hope so!

When we decide to unharness him in the other cars we will see how the nauti fits him (I know it can be hit or miss). If it is not a good fit, I will indulge my curiousity and buy the Probooster next! :p

Right now he is fine being harnessed or boostered - and he does have a bit of a propensity to fall asleep in the car still...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC