Sort of OT, but

ADS

Melizerd

http://www.free-blinkies.com/blinkie-maker/
For short blinkies anyhow that site is good. I'd like some more cute car seat blinkies too. Here are ones I've swiped and added to my photobucket acct. Feel free to reswipe them from me.

buybritax.gif

buysafeguard.gif

skaterbabs

Paint Shop Pro's Animation program. It's tedious to make them from scratch, but I've done it before.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Mel, those crack me up -- could probably be seen as rather snobby by some, but I like 'em ... although there should be a Recaro, too!

Oh, yeah & I swiped these from someone at some point about a year ago:
th_AdvocacyBlinky1.gif
th_AdvocacyBlinky2.gif

I made this banner, too *SHRUG*
001.gif

Simplysomething

http://www.free-blinkies.com/blinkie-maker/
For short blinkies anyhow that site is good. I'd like some more cute car seat blinkies too. Here are ones I've swiped and added to my photobucket acct. Feel free to reswipe them from me.

buybritax.gif
buysafeguard.gif

I don't like those two, they are obnoxious and send the wrong message. Buying Britax for most of the folks here isn't a status thing, it's a safety thing, and those two blinking things totally send the wrong message.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I do agree about the message/intent (high price does not mean safer just as higher income does not mean better parent) -- but I think here in the coffee break area where we all know what's up with CPS, they're rather amusing....

Melizerd

I've only used them for people who know about car seats. (eta: or people who are looking for car seat info) I thought they were funny, and they usually get me asked about the car seats since alot of people have never heard of Britax.

I didn't mean them to be mean.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
No worries, I didn't think you were being mean :) Some people just get defensive about Britax & think anyone who owns one is a snob :rolleyes: Seems to me these are often the people who don't know why someone would choose to save towards a Britax rather than getting the cheapest yet cutest/matching seat available at their local store -- not knowing that perhaps for their situation Britax would be the safer choice.... & then there are those who feel guilty because they truly cannot afford Britax & need the reassurance that the "cheap" seat could actually be perfect for their child! ;) I agree that too few people are aware of all the options!!!

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Well, you've 2 nice images that match already ;) but you can just right-click to get the URL to use them if you want :)

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Well, you've 2 nice images that match already ;) but you can just right-click to get the URL to use them if you want :)

Oh, not my siggy here. I was thinking in my email that would go out to all my friends that think I am crazy! I had figured out how to do it once but now can't remember :D

Melizerd

Any ideas on what type of blinkies we'd like? I have a friend who can make them for us if we give her the idea of what we want.

TheRealMacGyver

I hope I don't offend some people here (sometimes I feel like my rhetoric might not be for everyone), BUT anyhow:

How about "My Rearfacing Child Can Kick Your Frontfacing Child's Butt In A Crash", then blink "Ask Me Why" Not sure on the graphics part, I'm totally non-artistic in that arena.

Or, "I teach my child history" then blink "they always see where they've been" Again, no idea on graphics.

Or, show a graphic of the baby sitting RFing from the back of the car view with "My Personal Back-Up Camera" Then show a picture from the front of the car showing that the car is about to hit a wall, the babies arms raise up with a little "stop" coming from behind the seat. (if that makes absolutely any sense:D )

Okay, that's it for me! My creative juices are drained for today.

cpsaddict

Any ideas on what type of blinkies we'd like? I have a friend who can make them for us if we give her the idea of what we want.

I was thinking something like, "car seats talk to me" or "I speak car seat".
I'll have to think harder about this one.

"Life is short. Buy the car seat"

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC