Please Help!!! Motion sickness issues :(

S

Sara Steiner

I am having a problem with Leah. She is still rear facing, which I intend to keep her that way for awhile. She is 22 months old & 20 1/2 lbs. My problem is I think she has inherited my husbands motion sickness It used to happen every once in awhile, but it happened yesterday & a week ago. I don't drive crazy but I have to make turns & such. I try to do it gently but I guess not gentle enough. My husband & her Dr both said if she were facing front it wouldn't be as bad for her. My husband is on board though with keeping her rear facing, I just do not know what to do. I can't be taking her carseat apart every other day, & it's not fair for her to be sick every time she gets in the car There must be a solution that I can keep her rear facing. Thanks for any advice you might have. I am going to post this in off topic as well.

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Moved to carseat chat, as cross posting is not permitted.

What have you tried already for her motion sickness? Does having the window open help? What seat is she in? Is she sitting well upright?

Wendy

dawnp15

We delt with a lot of car sickness issues with our DS. Eventually he just outgrew it, as hard as it was to deal with it. It just wasn't an option to FF him at under 3, so we just did anything we could to help him deal with it. Then one day he just stopped, so have hope!!!!

pepsicola

What car seat do you have? My 2 year old is rear facing, she rides mostly in a Roundabout 50 which sits up high enough for her to see out the windows. She also sometimes ride in a My Ride which also sits up nice and high. A tall seat like those might help.

Mugsmom

As an adult who never outgrew it, here's my :twocents:

- Small snack before riding, as an empty stomach can make it worse
- Don't look out the side windows
- For long trips, Dramamine is a lifesaver
- No reading (or looking at books for the little ones)

If you can get her to cuddle up with a blanket or stuffed animal and keep her eyes closed, it would probably be best.

Good luck. Motion sickness isn't fun, so I feel for her!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC