Price Check TrueFit - can someone remind me...

horseymom

on what the formula is for pricing a car seat? I want to sell my TF that is in excellent condition I used it on RFing mainly (FF for a month) before switching DS to the FR. It's a morning mist (infant insert never used either) and I can't seem to find that cover anymore in our area at all. DOM is 2008/03/31 and it of course expires on 2015/03/31.

thanks

ADS

mish

Re: can someone remind me...

How much did it cost, divided by years it has before it expires (like 6). Then you know how much it costs per year. Subtract for the number of years it has left. I hope you understood that. I know what I'm trying to say but am terrible at explaining on the internet.

Example: Seat costs 200.00 and has 6 year exp. 33.33 per year. It has 4 years left so 33.33*4=133.33

ericarizo

How much did it cost and when did you purchase it? I can tell you the exacts if you let me know that much.

horseymom

It was $200 + the tax

I offered it to a friend for $100 and she said it was too much but I knew that was a good deal even though I hadn't figured out the "real" cost

mish

She thinks $100.00 is too much? How old is it? That sounds pretty good to me.

tanusscott22

Hi there, I just wanted to say that the formula seems sound, but try to remember that car seats just like anything go down in value the older they get, and as newer and better models come out.

I've seen brand new TF in the misty moring color for $125, and your seat is almost 3 years old. I've also seen a few TF's with two covers offered for $90 plus shipping on this site. They weren't the misty morning color however.

Of course you are free to list the seat at what ever price you like, but you may have more sucess selling it, if it was priced a little lower. Good luck selling your seat. Hope everything goes well:)

munchkin

Hi there, I just wanted to say that the formula seems sound, but try to remember that car seats just like anything go down in value the older they get, and as newer and better models come out.

I've seen brand new TF in the misty moring color for $125, and your seat is almost 3 years old. I've also seen a few TF's with two covers offered for $90 plus shipping on this site. They weren't the misty morning color however.

Of course you are free to list the seat at what ever price you like, but you may have more sucess selling it, if it was priced a little lower. Good luck selling your seat. Hope everything goes well:)

OP is in Canada where seats are a little more expensive then in the US, even here on SWAP.

oddduck

Hrm.

I have the same seat, same cover, same expiry

In my case:

Price paid, including GST = $157.49 / 7 (expiry)
$22.50/yr

4yrs FULL years left x $22.50/yr = $90.

horseymom

thanks every one It comes to $122 with the formula but I'm going to ask $100. Even if you can get them on sale for $159.99 + GST = $167.98 That is still a $67.98 saving on a seat in perfect condition. Anyone here intrested? I'm in Southern Alberta

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC