*pics* Cosco Scenera "orginal vs 40RF"

lovemybabies924

I have an original i guess you would call it scenera, and the new 40RF..i took the covers off (original left, 40rf on the right) and i cant tell the difference other than on the outside of the shell on the original has more open slots for the cover to attach through where as the 40rf is a bit more streamlined. the covers are interchangeable as well as you can see in the second pic (but they are not fully attached..just checked if they fit and if the elastic lines up to attach :))

i didnt measure to see if they are exactly the same width..but they are close enough that the cover stays on either way.

and on another note the new covers feel like they are much better quality than the two i have from 07 :)

ADS

ericarizo

Thank you. I was just hit by a guy backing out of his driveway this morning and i need to replace the moonstone scenera but want to keep the cover so since they fit I am just going to buy the black 40RF and put the moonstone cover on it.

Brycen'sMommy

Where did you buy the girly cover from? I thought the 40RF was a Target exclusive and we have a different girly cover at our Target. I like yours much better. It's super cute.

babyherder

Yay! Glad I was wrong about not being able to interchange the covers. You're girly one is super cute. I want to know where you got it too, please.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Thanks for this! They do look incredibly similar.
Love the pink cover...when will carseat companies come out with cute ones for boys? :confused:

dawnp15

I've never owned a Scenera but was wondering is the 40lb rear-facing limit really necessary? Can a child make it to 40lbs rfing, or is it outgrown by hight way before that?

lovemybabies924

I've never owned a Scenera but was wondering is the 40lb rear-facing limit really necessary? Can a child make it to 40lbs rfing, or is it outgrown by hight way before that?

my tiny 3 year old is about too tall for it.
but it would be good for a shorter chubby baby i would think as DS still has room on either side of him :)

xursusmaritimusx

Depends on the kid.

My DD fit RF until she was almost 3.5 height wise, and if we had the new scenera she could have been rear facing.
she was 38lbs when she outgrew it RF by height.

she still fits FF harness wise but shes 40lbs now.

leighi123

I put Levi in one today at target and he had at least 3" above his head and is way below the weight limit. He has a 12" torso though and is generally tiny (He will be 3.5 in January)

ericarizo

Keiani loves it. No luck yet with the Insurance but I will not sign off till they replace the seats or I will take the guy who hit me to small claims court. For reference, my DD is 3yrs. old and 32lbs, 37in. tall with a 12.5in. torso and still has plenty of room above her head. She will probably make it to 40lbs RF in it.

i bought the pink 40rf direct from the manufacturers website!!

http://www.coscojuvenile.com/usa/en...81-CC040AVN-Scenera-40RF-Convertible-Car-Seat

and Erica..how are u liking the seat??? :thumbsup: any luck w/the insurance?

TiaxMarie

My 3 year old has outgrown it RF by height and is only 32lbs.

Jakesmama

Picked up the 40rf in December also as dd was getting close to the weight limit for the original but still had plenty of height.

Posting a pic of her in it from last week. Her stats are 3 years old (4 in May! omg), 34.5#, 39" and I don't know her torso height but it must be short!

Although we could probably continue to use this for another few months I just bought a CA to replace it. I'll use for a back-up seat until it's outgrown.

In short, yes, certain kids can definitely make it to around 40# in this seat though many probably cannot.

Thanks for the comparison pics!!

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Picked up the 40rf in December also as dd was getting close to the weight limit for the original but still had plenty of height.

Posting a pic of her in it from last week. Her stats are 3 years old (4 in May! omg), 34.5#, 39" and I don't know her torso height but it must be short!

Although we could probably continue to use this for another few months I just bought a CA to replace it. I'll use for a back-up seat until it's outgrown.

In short, yes, certain kids can definitely make it to around 40# in this seat though many probably cannot.

Thanks for the comparison pics!!

Just wanted to tell you that she has loads of room still in the seat. A good 3" growing room at least based on that picture. I'd say at least another 6 months to a year or longer depending on how she grows.

Thanks for sharing the picture. :)

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
Our ds2 and dd2 outgrew the scerena by weight rf, not height, so the 40# would have been great for us.

Stefanie, cpst in iowa - mom to 4 great kids

lovemybabies924

thanks for the pic! i know DS would have fit in the 40RF still RF but hes been FF for a year already.

has anyone felt like they lost inches in carseats in the captains chairs in an odyssey van? its driving me nuts haha

Kat_Momof3

some could, some not... Ruthie was so long in the torso (she had a 15" torso at 2.5yrs) that she wouldn't have made it.... but she also outgrew the Marathon by 4yrs old... most kids have a better shot and while Jeffrey had a long torso, the convertible seat he had (while not a dorel seat) had the same height top slots (15") and he was still a hair below them when he maxed out the weight, even though I'd moved him to his brother's century breverra when Damian hit 40lbs.

But then he still fit the Marathon at almost age 5, when he was a good 48lbs.

Basically, it will depend on the kid... but since you can usually find it for the same price as the regular, and the cover is more padded, I wouldn't hesitate to (if on a budget) err on the side of caution and get it to ensure rfing to the max... then follow it up with an evenflo Maestro and then a turbobooster.

swtgi1982

Where did you buy the girly cover from? I thought the 40RF was a Target exclusive and we have a different girly cover at our Target. I like yours much better. It's super cute.

It was an exclusive until just before first of the year. Locally here meijer kmart have them in store. WM has them on walmart. com too and BRU. Com

Also that tan cover has always been a "cheap" cover and only got thinner and worse recently. If you got them elsewhere other then WM the covers were a little better but no where as good as the 40 lb ones. Also all the newer 35 lb ones are stream lining the straps to put the pad on. I have two older ones and two newer ones and my newer ones has less attachments as well just like the 40 lb ones

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC