Re-RF DD?

xxluckychicxx

So I've been thinking again about putting DD back RFing. She's been FFing for a few months. She's 33 months and 30lbs.

I need to get her a new seat. I bought DS a Cowmoo FR 85 and have dreams of matching Cowmoo :eek:

Car is an '07 Honda Accord.

ADS

babyherder

I would. I think a complete air SE would go nicely with a cowmoo Frontier. If you have the money to buy a Frontier I would use it to buy a rf seat as that will be safer for your dd.

mish

What were your reasons for turning her? I think that would make a difference. You still have the scenera right? You could rf her in it before you bought something else. If it doesn't work don't buy another rf seat.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I really wan to re-rearface my daughter as well, but my husband is resisting. In fact, I just wrote a blog on it. I'd really appreciate any comments on there promoting my decision so I could show my husband that I'm not crazy.

Thanks!

http://apaprikao.blogspot.com/2010/12/rear-facing-car-seats.html
And I wouldn't even have asked my husband. I'd just flip her and state, "I flipped her back, she still fits and she's safest". He knows I did all the RF research and he knows he married an intelligent woman that wouldn't be doing it unless her research and facts showed it to be a safe thing to do. In fact, I'd be a little offended if he doubted me. If he had concerns, I'd expect him to go and do the research on his own without involving me and then he'd come to the same conclusion I did, and all would be well.

I'm not sure if your husband is doubting it's safer for her, or if he really truly thinks it she'd resist (like your blog mentioned)? If it the latter, then I'm not sure why he just wouldn't allow her to be flipped, and if it caused an issue, then you guys can always flip her back. If he's not willing to try, it seems to me like he must have other concerns? Since she's already FF, maybe you could tell him that since you've already done all the research, you'll give him a week to do his own research to show that RF would not be safe for her. If he can prove that, then you'll keep her FF. If he can't or doesn't do the research, then back RF she goes.

xxluckychicxx

I flipped her because we had 1 seat (the Scenera) and was tired of reinstalling it RFing about once a week. I HATE installing that seat RFing. Hate.

I would feel much better if she were RFing. I'm just not sure what seat to get. I'd love to get a Cowmoo BLVD70, but I'm not sure how practical that would be. I really dont have RN or TF love, so I'm not sure what that leaves me. Oh and she rides in a RFing CA in her dad's car and I'm not so sure that I'm a big fan of it either :eek:

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
How tall is she? I super-adore my MR. At 33lbs, I'd only look at 40+ lb seats, if you're going to buy a new one. (ETA: NM, 33MONTHS, 30lbs. 35lb seats are an option then. What about an EFTA/EFT65?)

mish

Do you think you could find an older Marathon? You had one before didn't you? What about a Roundabout?

xxluckychicxx

We used to have an MA and I would love another one. It was one of my favorite seats I've owned. I'd want one with a 35lb limit though because we wouldnt get far with a 33lb one.

babyherder

I was thinking she was too tall to rf in the scenera. Must be thinking of someone else's kid. Sorry! You have a lot more options for rf then. If you have enough seats that you don't need to re-install often then I would install the scenera rf and leave it that way until she's too big for it. Then consider a cowmoo Frontier.

xxluckychicxx

She is too tall now, and has almost outgrown the harness. But she has a lot of room in my mom's Cosco HBB :confused: Arent they supposed to be about the same? She also has a good amount of room in the Britax convertables (both old and new), we played at BRU the other day.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC