I hate this car seat

swtgi1982

This seat should never be used at it's minimums. I just tried the baby who just exactly meets the minimums fir the seat if 20lb and 29 inches. It is the Evenflo chase. In order to get it tight enough the straps have to be all the way in the highest slot which is level the top of his head. The adjuster is as tight as it will go and the adjuster places the chest clip a little to high almost on his neck. I just Happen to have one for the day from the ones the church bought. It is going to a low income family tomorrow.

DD at 37.5 lb has the harness close to all the way tight too which is scary since it is only rated 40 lb

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yeah, it's a bugger of a design, I wish they'd kill that seat altogether and move to the Maestro. Though for years it was one of the tallest slotted seats and was actually good for older Houdini kids.

(I moved this because everyone who's seen it can relate, not just techs :))

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I don't adore the Chase, but it's a 40# seat that actually accommodates many 40# children, and it's cheap and narrow. It's a decent program seat (or at least it was before the Maestro, which I think is better, but we still don't have them, sorry for hijacking).

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
For small 1 year olds, I always prefer to put them in a FF convertible than a combo...the visage of their sleeping heads dangling forward in the path of oncoming T-bones always gets to me. (Not that it's MY money I'm spending here, of course ;))

swtgi1982

The child it is going to is three and 30 lbs I just tries my one year old in it to see how absurd the minimum is. It was a program seat out church did a check at our church last month and they kept the extras and paired them with families in need after the check. I am doing a private check tomorrow for th family it is going to. I just tried my three and a half year old who is 29 lb and about the same height as th child getting the seat and he fits much better. I can fit him on middle slots and just get it tight enough for him. I can see the high harness height on it my DD still fits with about half an inch left growth wise and she is 37.5 lbs

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC