I know it's right in front of my face...but

TheRealMacGyver

I should know this site by now, but it seems like I need a little mental floss. After reading the recent post about CPS techs (working for $). I was curious to see how much the course is and if/when there would be one available in my area. I know this information is right in front of my nose, but I can't seem to find it. Can someone be kind enough to pass me a link? Thank you.

ADS

TheRealMacGyver

Well, there is one in the entire state! It's about 1-1/2 to 2 hours away. I wonder if that is the only location they ever have it in Florida? It sure would be nice if it was closer. Well, I'll keep looking-I saved it in my favorites so I won't have to ask again:D

Splash

They're pretty much all in Key West. I have no clue why, as there are probably a grand total of eleven car seat age children in Key West, but that's where almost all the courses are. Occasionally one will pop up in Tally or Sarasota, but NONE in the TB area.
I have an email for the TB contact, if you want. She'll tell you when the closed classes are, and you might be able to get into one of those.

southpawboston

Well, there is one in the entire state! It's about 1-1/2 to 2 hours away. I wonder if that is the only location they ever have it in Florida? It sure would be nice if it was closer. Well, I'll keep looking-I saved it in my favorites so I won't have to ask again:D

They're pretty much all in Key West. I have no clue why, as there are probably a grand total of eleven car seat age children in Key West, but that's where almost all the courses are. Occasionally one will pop up in Tally or Sarasota, but NONE in the TB area.
I have an email for the TB contact, if you want. She'll tell you when the closed classes are, and you might be able to get into one of those.

you think that's bad? try NONE in all of masachusetts, rhode island, connecticut new hampshire, and vermont! okay, i think there's one or two in maine (the least populated state in new england :rolleyes: ), but in one of the most population-dense corners of the US you'd think there'd be more than ONE course! :mad:

TheRealMacGyver

Thanks Splash, the one I saw was actually in Ocala, so from what you said, that may be the closest, besides Sarasota. I'm just tossing the idea around, but it might be something I'll decide to do.

TheRealMacGyver

you think that's bad? try NONE in all of masachusetts, rhode island, connecticut new hampshire, and vermont!

That's hard to believe, you'd think Boston would have something! Maybe you can become a tech trainer Southpaw:D

arly1983

HA HA, Ocala, thats the one I am thinking about going to. The other class that is closest to us is 1.5 hours above Atlanta. I live in South Georgia a tiny bit above Valdosta.

TheRealMacGyver

arly1983 HA HA, Ocala, thats the one I am thinking about going to.

That must be a 3-4 hour drive for you huh? Well, I won't be going to this one coming up in May, but if I decide to go I'll let you know. Classes are always better when you know someone (not that we really know each other, but you know what I mean-better than not knowing anyone at all)

arly1983

That must be a 3-4 hour drive for you huh? Well, I won't be going to this one coming up in May, but if I decide to go I'll let you know. Classes are always better when you know someone (not that we really know each other, but you know what I mean-better than not knowing anyone at all)

I know what you mean, exactly, and we would be the only people there that didn't have to be there. (Probably)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC