Guess what I got!!

Loves2sing

:love: I love my husband!:love:
Okay, so last week I started this thread:
http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=14467
entitled " How do you get your husband on board?"
I was complaining about my NEED for a Radian, and the fact that my hubby was just being cheap. Well, after many suggestions, Aiden'smom02 suggested that I try to sell the Chase to my SIL, (the lover of 3 in 1s) for her FF DS. Well, she doesn't want it because it doesn't recline well enough,:eek: don't even get me started!! The good thing that came out of this for me, was that Ryan now knew I was going to get rid of this seat whether he liked it or not. So this past Sunday, I tried my final option, which I thought was going to be impossible. I tried to return the Chase to Walmart. We bought it in December, so it was passed the 90 day return policy, and I don't know about your Walmarts, but returns here suck! (I have been accused of stealing my return products twice!! Even though I had a receipt both times!:mad: ) My mom was saying as we were in line, "They aren't going to take it back! It's too late." And I said, "I am praying for this, that God would make this easy!" So we get up to the till, and within 5 minutes we are leaving with the full refund back on my Mom's Visa!! So super easy, they had no problems taking it back! WOO HOO!!! So then on Monday, Ryan and I hit the local Canadian Tire, and now I have a RF Radian installed in the back seat of my car!! I am so excited!! Wow, this post is long! Thanks for all your suggestions guys!
Ps if you are wondering about my SIL, she is planning on getting another Alpha Omega:rolleyes: I am still trying to convince her to spend a little more and get the Radian as well. Here's hoping!

ADS

R&J'sMom

That's great! I'm glad you were able to get the seat you want. How did you get Walmart to take it back? My Walmart won't take anything back that's been used unless it's defective.

Loves2sing

My Mom had also bought my sister the same seat a few months before for her ds. Then when I was on vacation in February as they were installing the seat, the tether anchor broke off. I was never able to see the seat as they had returned it to the same Walmart as I had, but they had a hard time getting their money back. (Goes to show you it all depends on the individual you are dealing with) So when I broght it back I told her:
"My mom bought this car seat for me, and she bought one for my sister as well. When my sister was installing it in her car, the tether anchor broke off. I am just not comfortable having my daughter in this seat. I would have returned it earlier, but my mom had the receipt and I had the seat, but we have been out of the country at different times since this occured, and this was my first chance to return it."
The girl looked a the reciept and brought a manager over, and the manager said, "It's not worth worrying about a few days over the return policy."
So i got my money back. Now I am worried that they might put it back on the shelf, even though I know that it is still in perfect condition, as it was used maybe 15 times, but I am still not comfortable with the idea. Hopefully they will return it to Evenflo.

TheRealMacGyver

I was really routing for the bribery recommendation:D , but glad you got your seat anyhow:thumbsup:

As for the Wal-Mart question: There really isn't anything you can do about that at this point. It probably isn't the most moral thing you could have done, but it sounds like the seat was treated well, so I wouldn't worry about it.

djma

Our Wal-Mart will take ANYTHING back! There was a lady that I babysat for that returned her twins' crib comforter set after 2 years of use...and Wal-Mart took it back!!!! I was even behind a lady in the return line that was returning a pair of shoes that she wore on vacation and claimed they were too uncomfortable and they gave her a full refund! :eek:

It's funny how the same store can have different return policies at different locations!

TheRealMacGyver

Funny thing I didn't know, Wal-Mart keeps tabs on how much you return! I was talking with a friend of a friend about a ceiling fan they bought at Walmart that was broken. I said, "just return it, they'll take anything back", they said, "I can't I'm on their list". I'm like "what list are you talking about". Evidently Wal-mart puts you on a black-list if you return excessively! Then you are on their "list". I do like their return policy though, MUCH MUCH better than Target:thumbsdown: If you don't have a receipt at Target, they tell you to get lost:thumbsdown:

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
Funny thing I didn't know, Wal-Mart keeps tabs on how much you return! I was talking with a friend of a friend about a ceiling fan they bought at Walmart that was broken. I said, "just return it, they'll take anything back", they said, "I can't I'm on their list". I'm like "what list are you talking about". Evidently Wal-mart puts you on a black-list if you return excessively! Then you are on their "list". I do like their return policy though, MUCH MUCH better than Target:thumbsdown: If you don't have a receipt at Target, they tell you to get lost:thumbsdown:

well every retailer has a no reciept return "list" thats why they use your drivers license..at best buy, you can only do two no reciept returns a year

mominabigtruck

I'm on walmart's return list. They wouldn't let me return something I bought the same day even though it was broke. Well I emailed corporate and the store manager called me back the next day and apologized profusely claiming that they didn't have a set return policy, that it was up to the service depts discretion. So now they let me return anything my little heart desires, I just have to get the manager up front.

R&J'sMom

Target will let you return 2 items a year without a receipt. It's not posted in the store, but you can do it. You have to spend the same amount or greater in the same dept as the returned item on the same day you returned it and you have to show them you driver's license.

easterbun

Hey, I was behind a lady that was returning expired unopend food!!!!!

That's not actually that weird - how often have you bought yogurt or some other dairy product or something only to realize it expired last week? I live in a smaller town and I don't think our WM has the turnover rates that other stores do... and I'm not always in the right sort of mood to be checking dates on everything :whistle:

I've had to return a WATERMELON before :eek: I cut into it and it was so overripe that it was basically half rotten - I really wish I was kidding!! (in WM's defense it was off-season and one of those "personal" sized ones, but still!!)

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
we bought a Scenera at Wal-mart for our car seat program. When we went the give it to the parents, there was gum on the harness! At my work, no used car seats get back on the floor!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC