Upright Radian installs?

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
'90's Explorer.

0826181833_01.jpg

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I have a 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee, so I don't know how newer ones do with Radians, but I got a great upright install with a Radian 80SL. I love this car so much, it runs great and does okay on gas. Once this one dies (it's at 113,000+ miles) I plan to get another Jeep.

I have a black lab and he rides in the back a lot and can lay down back there.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I have a 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee, so I don't know how newer ones do with Radians, but I got a great upright install with a Radian 80SL. I love this car so much, it runs great and does okay on gas. Once this one dies (it's at 113,000+ miles) I plan to get another Jeep.

I have a black lab and he rides in the back a lot and can lay down back there.

That's what we had too, and it was awesome for the Radian. Easiest car seat installs ever in that car! DH is a Jeep fan as well :thumbsup:

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
I have an 04 Explorer and I love the radian installs... So upright. I measure at 31-32 degrees. Easily can have the front seats all the way back. The only thing to watch for when you do that is the rf-tether, but that isn't a big deal. Gas mileage for me is normally around 18-19 so not bad. Though I have an EGR valve going out and I'm blowing through gas at 11mpg atm. :eek: No big problems *knock on wood*. The rear a/c went out (compressor), but even though I was 1,000 miles over the warranty, Ford replaced it anyway. I didn't pay anything. The hinges on the back glass of mine have broken, but are only $50 each to replace (parts and labor).

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
My 01 Explorer is in the shop getting the engine replaced ATM :whistle: but it's an old car, and it was not it's fault ;) (previous owner let the timing chain break, and it damaged all the valves).

Aurezalia

Uh... I'm bumping.
Anyone know how the older (Approx '02) Volvo V70 wagons do with RN's?

Both my front axles are cracked and about to go. :eek: So... I need to get this figured out yesterday.

HayleyCPST

Yes! The radian works great in my car. I have an 87 240. It's solid, and I need a locking clip but the front seat can be very far back for my man. I had an 01 v70 loaner car once and it fit beautifully. About 32 degrees.

Btw... My Volvo guy told me that i should stay away from the v70's until '06. I'm looking into buying a new (but used) Volvo. He said I should go for the 850's or 740's. I love the v70's but don't want to be haunted with a lemon for a good price.

Aurezalia

I ruled out the Volvo, with Nicole's input, because of the cost whenever you have to do repairs.

I've pretty much decided on the Chevy Malibu Maxx, but the Focus wagons are also a possibility. We'll see.

(And there's still that whole "Needing money and a job" thing to think about... :whistle:)

spiderangs

I have '04 Chevy Malibu Maxx... I love the hatchback where I put my dog there after picking her up from the vet (dental appointment)... peace of mind!

However, I haven't try Radian RF on it yet.... :eek:

Aurezalia

I have '04 Chevy Malibu Maxx... I love the hatchback where I put my dog there after picking her up from the vet (dental appointment)... peace of mind!

However, I haven't try Radian RF on it yet.... :eek:

No worries, I did research on it and I've found several posts where people have been able to fit it in. And well, I'm 5'2", and I *prefer* to brace the seat (If Chevy allows, which I think they do? But I'm not sure about), so it should be good. :thumbsup:

MANDY1234

If you go to my profile I have pictures of a RN RF in a 05 Maxx. I loved that car! I could fit anything in there lol Dh did not love that car and we now have a 300M :(

ETA: It doesn't look very upright but that was my first time installing lol I did get it more upright with pratice.

Aurezalia

If you go to my profile I have pictures of a RN RF in a 05 Maxx. I loved that car! I could fit anything in there lol Dh did not love that car and we now have a 300M :(

ETA: It doesn't look very upright but that was my first time installing lol I did get it more upright with pratice.

Awesome, thanks! :thumbsup:

Now I have another interview on Friday... so hopefully the job situation will get worked out too! :eek:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC