anyone have a 2004 honda oddessy van?

lovemybabies924

i have the 2004 oddessy w/leather seats and captains chairs for the 2nd row.. there is a plastic cap over something in the ground between the two seats in the middle row and im wondering if i can move one chair to the middle so i can have my newborn in the middle and have the walk way to one side? anyone know? i would feel more safe!

ETA: i called my local dealer and they said No...anyone know what the plastic cap thing is covering? hehe

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Uh, they are really, really wrong. Do you have the manual to your van? I haven't checked mine in awhile, but I know I didn't learn to slide my seat back and forth all by myself (pry the plastic plates up, grab a little lever under the front leg, pop the back up, slide it over, pop it back down, and slap the plates into the floor covering the bars that are now showing on the floor next to the door).

ConnorsMommy

I have a 2002 Odyssey that also has the captain's chairs in the 2nd row and leather seats. I am able to move the passenger side captain's chair to the middle to make the walkway on the side. Mine doesn't have a plastic cover in the middle. There are two different positions for that seat though. I would suggest looking in your owner's manual and see what it says. Some friends of mine had a 2003 Odyssey and I think they were able to move the seat over too. I doesn't make sense that the older version would have that cool feature and your van wouldn't.

lovemybabies924

we just bought this 4 or 5 months ago and its driving me nuts that the manual is missing AND two of the 3rd row head rests :( they were supposed to order us some..but of course as soon as they had our money they flaked

OFF TO GO TRY!!!!!

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
You can access the manual online. Just go to the Honda Owner's Club or whatever, register with the model year and everything, and your downloadable manual will be right there for you whenever you need it. :)

lovemybabies924

umm just did it in like 2 minutes!! would have been less but DH saw me out there doing it and made me stop to do it his way :rolleyes: so now the walk way is on the passengers side, DS will be able to give the baby her binky if she drops it, and the kids will just have to climb thru the seat belt to get into the back :whistle: ETA: actually..i will just use latch!! EVEN BETTER!!!!!!!!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC