Snugride 30

cookie123

Has anyone used one yet? I was briefly at BRUS today, and they had a couple on display. Using my handy dandy measuring trick, I surmised that the lower slot was about the same as the Snugride 35. It is the length of my thumb and middle finger completely extended. Has anyone measured for real?

ADS

Chely7425

I think the 35 must be lower than 8 inches... my 5.5 pound, 18 inch noob fit crazy well in it when he came home from the hospital. I can go measure tho :)

Maedze

The SR35 is redesigned from the other large seats. I measured it at roughly 6.5" a few months back. It's a good fit for small newborns, unlike the SR22.

cookie123

Interestingly, twins had 2 Snugride 22s at work this weekend. One was newer than the other. The harness height was about an inch higher in the newer one and the crotch slot about an inch farther out. I measured these myself, as when they came back from car seat eval, the larger twin deemed needing another seat.

So, for fun, I put both in the older 'smaller' seat. They seemed to fit about the same to me. Harness an inch or inch and a half too high. Lots of room in the crotch. I think I measured them at 6.5 and 7.5 inches.

ETA: For fun I measured my hand span - 7.5 inches.

Last edited:

cookie123

Thanks. I didn't see that. Anyway, there was no way the slots were 5 inches on the seat I saw today. Well, I'll have to check it out again next time I go by there.

I didn't realize the Embrace was still being made. I haven't seen it anywhere in a long while. Just the Serenade at BRUS.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Did you see the seat just on the shelf new? There is a lower set of slots and shorter crotch strap setting, it doesn't come in the smallest settings, those are only for preemies.

Oh, gosh, the Serenade was only on our shelves for 2-3 months, it's been long, long sent back to Evenflo for being...er... unsellable (or, sent to YOUR BRU? lol). The Embrace is extremely popular, but only in travel systems, the under-$200 systems at BRU/Target, etc....

cookie123

Yes, just on the shelf new . I THOUGHT it was in the lowest slot. Now I have to go back there and see.:) I hope I was wrong.

I didn't look at the travel systems. I always forget to! I'll have to see what's what there, too. I don't know if they still had the Serenade. I was focused on the SR 30! So the Embrace is not discontinued, right?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3232437

It's called 'oh!'... because it's cute, not for my snarky reason, "Oh! It doesn't have a front adjuster and you must put the handle down when it's in the car", lol. (There's a front adjust model, but it's a kind of icky brown with safari animals pattern that no one wants to buy...and I sell a lot of bases for people who buy travel systems at Target, too).

cookie123

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3232437

It's called 'oh!'... because it's cute, not for my snarky reason, "Oh! It doesn't have a front adjuster and you must put the handle down when it's in the car", lol. (There's a front adjust model, but it's a kind of icky brown with safari animals pattern that no one wants to buy...and I sell a lot of bases for people who buy travel systems at Target, too).

OH! It is cute. Too bad about it's drawbacks. Our CPST's from pulmonary diagnostics do our car seat tests and they've been recommending this seat left and right.

cookie123

I got an email back from graco today. This is the 'official' response:

Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support center. Below is a summary of your request and our response.

If this issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may reopen it at any time.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

Subject
Product

Communication Thread
Response (Christina R.) 12/14/2010 11:28 AM
Peggy,
thank you for for your reply. The slots on the SnugRide 30 are as follows: Harness slot heights: 12in, 10in, 8in & 6.5in, and crotch measurements are as follows Crotch strap distance from seat back: 5.5in & 3in. The crotch measurements for the SnugRide 32 and the 35 are as follows: crotch strap distance from seat back: 6in . If you need further assistance, please contact us again.

Thank you,
Christina R- Customer Service
Customer (Peggy Randen) 12/14/2010 10:28 AM
Thanks for your response. What about the Snug Ride 30's harness slot heights. What are they? Also, could you address the distance the crotch strap is from the seat back on each of the seats? Thanks so much, Peggy
To: peggy_randen@msn.com
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 08:49:42 -0500
Subject: Newell Rubbermaid Inquiry Request [Inquiry: 101213-001429]
Response (Christina R.) 12/14/2010 08:49 AM
Peggy,
Thank you for contacting Consumer Services. The height positions on the Snug Ride 32 and Snug Ride 35 are 8", 10" and 12" and the height positions for the Snug Ride are 8" and 10". The bases are not all interchangeable between the different models. However, the SnugRide 30, and the SnugRide 32 will fit with the SnigRide 35 bases. If we can be of further assistance, please contact us again.

So there you have it!

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Uh, those don't jive with real-life measurements I've taken, though! I think they're counting them as higher than they are with the cover, foam, etc.

cookie123

Tonight I have a SR 35 at my disposal. I took the cover off and measured. Definitely 8 inches - maybe even 8.5, depending on where you measure to. The crotch I would have called 6 inches. They called it 6.5.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
But what about the measurements with the cover ON (and compressed) since that's how it's used? Did that make a difference for you? (Pretty sure it has for me.)

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
The SR35 sitting in my living room is coming in around 6.5" with cover on. It's hard, because (at least on that one) the slits in the cover are significantly above the slots in the shell. Probably by an inch.

Hopefully someone can get a "real" answer regarding the SR30 (as it appears on shelves) soon. Super disappointing if they took away the 'preemie' harness height.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC