Question Help me puzzle/seat arrange, PLEASE!!

mlohry

OK. This is the situation in 2 weeks I am going to start taking care of my twin nieces 2-3 days a week. I cannot decide where to put everyone.

The vehicle: 05 Ody with an available plus one seat
The seats:
-RA 50 for my DD who is ERF 21 mos. Needs stay put, since she is in the only seat that can be a permanent install. She is currently middle row, passenger side seat slid to middle, I would be OK with putting her driver side.
-Big Kid Amp for my DS who is 8 (loving that seat, just got it)
-HB TB for my 6 year old DS
-SR 35 seat only, no base for 3 mos. old niece
-SR 35 seat only, no base for 3 mos. old niece

The only issue I am having is that my boys need to get out for school in a drop off line, so they need to be able to get out easily and quickly, they can get out on the passenger side or driver side.

Where do you think everyone should go?? I am at a loss. I would be Ok with trying a hatch loading with the twins, I did that one time with a friends DD that was in a SR. I do get to borrow the SR 35's this week to practice before babies are in them. Thanks for the help!

ADS

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I'm a big proponent of hatch loading, but I don't think I would do it with two baseless SR35s. You could give it a shot, but I think it would very difficult to load babies, buckets, buckle, etc. Essentially you'd be installing two seats over the back seat of the van each time you loaded up, not an easy task.

That said, I might still try them in back. If you put your daughter in one of the captain's chairs, the HBTB on the PlusOne (it fits, there, doesn't it?) and your 8yo on the other captain's chair in the Amp, then you could remove/flip the seat with the Amp to access the back. You could crawl back there with the babies and install them baseless, and your older two could manage to get out of the car easily. (I'd put your daughter on whichever side the boys don't need to unload from for school.)

How long will you have the babies for, and how long will they use their buckets? If this is long term, and they are small yet, I might invest in a base or two. The price is likely worth the convenience. Or, a convertible for one or both of them. (Speaking as someone who's been installing baseless since Sept... it's not a difficult install, but it does get old fast. And mine was only times one, not twins!)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC