So I need seat help for Fiona

I gave Julianna her frontier as a booster since she was having trouble with her parkway sg.

Now I need a seat for my car for Fiona.

I was going to buy a nautilus at Walmart when I sell the parkway and then borrow a little from the bank to cover it. BUT with xmas and other expenses we are trying to be careful of the budget. I was thinking maybe she would be a good candidate for a maestro.

She is SKINNY, Last time I weighed her in march 33 lbs so she is probably around 34 lbs.. she is 5 I want to booster her full time in a year so she probably would be able to use the harness on the maestro for a good year being so light.

How does this seat compare to the GN as far as install, harness height? and after for a booster for a little bit until we get her a dedicated one.

ALSO what do you think would be best for her do I spend more and get the GN (I know I like it) or Do I save some money and chance it with the maestro?
downsize10.jpg

This was last summer on the second to top slot on her GN before I traded it for a frontier.. (that is now Juliannas lol) she has had a growth spurt since then and would probably She was on the second to top slot of the frontier 80 but was getting close to needing to move up.

ADS

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I don't know that I'd buy a Maestro OR a GN for Fiona for that short amount of time.

Have you looked at other booster options for Juliana? Then you can give Fiona back the FN?

And don't you have a RN? Can she use that?

Aurezalia

I don't know that I'd buy a Maestro OR a GN for Fiona for that short amount of time.

Have you looked at other booster options for Juliana? Then you can give Fiona back the FN?

:yeahthat: Especially if budget is a concern, why not look into a different booster option for J?

well height wise she is getting close in the radian height wise, we have about 6 months or so, and if Keith didn't need it back I would just use it for 6 months then figure something out... (he drives her to her activities most of the time..which she is on break from for a few weeks at least)

I know Julianna really liked the frontier, as her booster when she tried it, where as Fiona complains about her knees hurting in it, so I thought this was the option that made sense.

I just want to do what makes the most sense and be careful at the same time since the holidays are costly..I can however wait till Jan to do anything if I need to

Oh right I forgot to add that right now she is just using the radian xt in my car but I had given it to Keith as he drives her a lot (more than the others) So he is going to need it back when she is off break.

Kat_Momof3

why not make the Radian her main seat and go ahead and get her a turbobooster as her spare seat... she can booster train while she finishes outgrowing the Radian!

However, the Maestro would give her the same harness room as the Nauti... it just probably wouldn't do at all for a booster, as most kids outgrow it as one when they outgrow the harnesses.

why not make the Radian her main seat and go ahead and get her a turbobooster as her spare seat... she can booster train while she finishes outgrowing the Radian!
yea I have been toying with that idea for a couple of days too, I guess I am just nervous to booster train in the winter, with her being so light still.. not sure though.. maybe someone else has some insight on this.

ETA she is just 5 like she turned 5, 13 days ago lol

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
You own quite a few seats. If budget is a concern, I would not buy any new seats and would try to work with what I had.

I just realized how out of date my siggy was.. sorry I fixed it to show what everyone is in and has.:thumbsup:

Oh I do have a spare backless turbo also just for DH's car once in a blue moon that we have never even used yet lol

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC