Not feeling the PWSGL love.

zactayaus

We used this seat today for the first time since we got it. We were going on a 2 hour road trip so I figured we'd give it a good long test drive. Unfortunately I think it's a fail for us.:(

First the pros: It latched in perfect and the seat belt was easy to buckle.

Now the cons: First thing off the bat DS hated the SG clip and complained endlessly about it.:rolleyes: Second DS is very narrow in the shoulders. If he leaned even just a little to the side the shoulder belt would slip off his shoulder.:eek: Third if he leaned forward a little and then leaned back his seat belt would have slack in it and I'd have to have him help the seat belt back into the retractor (this never happened in the same seating position with his TB so it's most definitely an incompatibility issue with the seat belt guide on the PW itself.:thumbsdown:

I'm very disappointed. I love the way this seat looks (we got it in Cardinal:love:) but I'm afraid it's not a good fit for us.:crying: I believe the TB will be going back in the truck and the PW will be going up for sale on swap.

ADS

Kat_Momof3

I'm sorry... not too surprised, though... every kid I've seen in it that wasn't broad in the shoulders had the belt a little too far to the side for my taste.

I'd probably get him a Probooster or Clek Oobr.

zactayaus

You should post pics of him in it.

But yeah, what a bummer. :(

I won't be able to get pics of him in it till Tuesday.

I'm sorry... not too surprised, though... every kid I've seen in it that wasn't broad in the shoulders had the belt a little too far to the side for my taste.

I'd probably get him a Probooster or Clek Oobr.

I'm afraid that he'll complain about the head wings on the Probooster as we used to own a Vivo and he hated the wings on that and the Oober is just way out of our price range.:( I think the TB is going to be our seat of choice for right now.

mlohry

We took a long trip to a specialty store to try out the PWSGL only to find out it wasn't a good fit for my 6 year old either. I took pics and posted them on here and everyone said it was a bad fit, same as you, the seat belt slipped off his shoulder. So... my son is in his brothers HB TB, it was just plain the best fit. I was like really I drove to get a new seat only to find out the one we already had was the best. Now to get Graco to make the TB latchable without changing the seat. Hmmmmm!

cookie123

This is disappointing news, since Brett has yet to try out the PWSGL, and I'd say he's small shouldered, but maybe it will be different in different cars. I can hope, right?

Kat_Momof3

I forgot he doesn't like wings... hey, this is why we all continue to love the TB, though... consistent good fit for almost all kids.

NVMBR02

Awww, bummer! :(

This is disappointing news, since Brett has yet to try out the PWSGL, and I'd say he's small shouldered, but maybe it will be different in different cars. I can hope, right?

The belt fits nicely on my very thin small shouldered dd. It also fits nice on ds, but I would say he is average to broad shouldered.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC