Probooster vs. Turbo

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
Ninja is in a probooster and has been using it for a few days. He says he hates it. Which is unfortunate because I love it and it gives him a fabulous belt fit. His booster of choice (between the PB, Monterey, Turbo, and OSPW) is the Turbo. Belt fits great in the turbo. So why can't I get over this stupid, nagging voice in the back of my mind that the Turbobooster isn't good enough as his primary seat? Lap belt fit is awesome, shoulder belt fit is awesome. He sleeps fine in it with no slumping. It just seems so....lacking. I *know* it's a good seat. I *know* it passed all the same testing. I *know* that all the claims of side impact protection and deeper headwings don't necessarily correlate to increased safety.

So, keep the probooster and make him sit in it because I *feel* like it's better? Or let him stay in the Turbo because he likes it the best?

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
You are such a snob. ;) Yeah, I am too, but I use the turbo, well did when I had a kid for it and it wasn't stolen.

soygurl

I mean this is the absolute nicest way possible, I swear! :)

Dude... seriously?!? Let the kid sit in the Turbo! The purpose of a BPB is to POSITION THE BELT. If it does that well, then the seat is doing it's job. This is NOT worth fighting over... if he's happy in the turbo, let him use it. :twocents:

(don't hate me for being blunt... my brain/mouth filter is on the fritz...)

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
I would never have put my kids in anything besides a TB if they fit in my 3rd row better. We've been using them since my 16yo was 5 or something (heck, it might have been 4, I forget.) Been in a crash with one, too. :thumbsup:

There is no magic bubble. It is all an illusion. ;) (Well, I suppose that depends on who you talk to - I've met more than a few parents who believe there's a Graco magic bubble. But it's an illusion, too.)

mlohry

Let's all face it, the TB just rocks!!! I drove all over town last week to pick a "better" seat for my middle son, took a bunch of pics posted them on here and hands down my son fit the best in the HB TB it was unanimous. So all my work, his new seat is his brothers HB TB, but I did order a Cars cover for the bottom of it to make it a "new" seat for him. That TB fit my older DS the best too. It just rocks! And Graco has learned if it ain't broke don't fix it!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC