How would you compare Maestro's harness adjuster

NannyMom

to other seats? I don't want, "It's super easy", "it's like butter" because that's what I was told about the CA, and it isn't. So, if you have a Maestro, and have used it with a child (because I find it different for an empty seat), what other seat would you compare it to?

ADS
In terms of tightening, is it like the TF? Because the TF is no where near as easy as the GN.

oh True fit harness is a PAIN in the BUTT... I am debating getting a maestro, instead of a GN since Fiona is so light (but I think I am going nautilus anyways) This kind of decides it if that is the case.

cookie123

I didn't realize the Maestro has a continuous harness. I hated that on the seat I had. The Bolero I think. I actually considered duct taping it in place.

NannyMom

oh True fit harness is a PAIN in the BUTT... I am debating getting a maestro, instead of a GN since Fiona is so light (but I think I am going nautilus anyways) This kind of decides it if that is the case.

The TF I can deal with. But DH can't do it, and SIL can't either. I have 3 GNs, and don't like the head slump :eek: And, since BRU has the Maestro, it's cheap. But, it has to be easy to tighten.

ctbcleveland

I think the harness is comparable to a scenera - I don't think it is quite as easy as a Graco adjuster (my favorite) but not a ratchety-type either.

I can't stand the chest-clip. Maybe it is an evenflo standard - it is the only evenflo seat we have. I find it difficult to unclip.

Could you just adjust the straps for DH and not have him mess with the adjuster?

Spam

Yep, similar to scenera in tightening terms since it doesn't rachet like the tf. It's not as easy the graco. I haven't used mine since the recall, i replaced it with the gn in that spot and moved the fixed maestro to a spare a gmas for my dad or bro since my nephew is always up there, so I'm just going off memory.

NannyMom

Ok, I think that's off my list. Why can't they make the Cargo as a Maestro-level seat :whistle: I really like my cargo.

pepsicola

I think you should give it a chance!

I don't know exactly what to compare the adjuster to, since this is the only ff seat we've had, and the adjusters are somewhat buried on all her rf seats. I think it's really easy. If I had known it was continous harness before I might not have bought it b/c I hated that about her infant bucket seat, but I actually LOVE it on the Maestro. This is the only seat that I don't have to loosen & tighten every time. The chest clip takes a bit more effort than her Ra50, but I like it, it's a lot prettier than the other Evenflo clips :eek:.

I do like the Nautilus, but it won't fit center in my car b/c of the flip down armrest. The Maestro just makes it by an inch. The center is the only spot I will put her forward facing in my car, so Maestro it is. But it's such a great seat that I would actually pick it over the Nautilus anways, and we'll get her dedicated hbb when she outgrows it. It should end up costing the same as a Nauti from the get go, and we'll have a guaranteed booster fit that way.

vonfirmath

I have found the Maestro easy enough that I have no problems loosening the harness to keep from pinching my son's privates when clicking, then retightening afterward. (He kept complaining I was hurting him down there. I don't think it was pinching. But this way I can be for sure it is not)

RYLANSMOM

I wish the maestro would adjust like the ETA. I love my seat for that reason...and he is growing so quickly and am thinking of getting the maestro for his dads truck seeing how I don't think the GN would fit properly in the back seat. His seat is narrow and the last time I tried installing the GN by belt only, it wasn't tight enough way more than 1 inch wiggle room and dads truck doesn't have latch :(

The TF I can deal with. But DH can't do it, and SIL can't either. I have 3 GNs, and don't like the head slump :eek: And, since BRU has the Maestro, it's cheap. But, it has to be easy to tighten.
I know I need a car seat for Fiona and wanted to get another GN but I think I am working with more of a maestro budget. I think I need to take a trip out there and try it out. (I hate the true fit adjuster esp rear facing but ffing is not the end of the world, but Keith cant do it either way, (not sure why I put the true fit in his car... I think I am going to need to give him the avenue and put the true fit back in my car lol)

Mommy2Marcus

Honestly, I swapped the Nautilus to DH's car in favor of the Maestro. I really like both seats, but just like that there is no head slump in the Maestro. Also the continuos harness does not bother me. It is much much easier than the TF to me. I HATED my TF in all honesty.

In the end I really think you should give it a chance. You will never know untill you try it. It is a really nice seat for a good price.

Honestly, I swapped the Nautilus to DH's car in favor of the Maestro. I really like both seats, but just like that there is no head slump in the Maestro. Also the continuos harness does not bother me. It is much much easier than the TF to me. I HATED my TF in all honesty.

In the end I really think you should give it a chance. You will never know untill you try it. It is a really nice seat for a good price.

So if I hate my true fit I will love the maestro.. sold lol I am trying to like out true fit.. and forcing myself to use it lol

Spam

I loved my tfs, still wish I would have kept one. I'm just okay on the maestro, I loved it at first, I thought why would anyone chose a nautilus over this when the maestro cost less?? But over time, and then the recall(which I know the seat is safe with the repair kit) it just seems flimsy I guess. A doesn't have headslump in either seat. I think for the price it's a great option.

vonfirmath

I loved my tfs, still wish I would have kept one. I'm just okay on the maestro, I loved it at first, I thought why would anyone chose a nautilus over this when the maestro cost less?? But over time, and then the recall(which I know the seat is safe with the repair kit) it just seems flimsy I guess. A doesn't have headslump in either seat. I think for the price it's a great option.

It is flimsy. There are things I definitely do not like about it (I've taped down labels, and the buttons at the feet came out and I have jury rigged something to keep it from coming up every time my son climbs in). But I trust it will work in an accident and it fit our price at the time we were buying it and it does not make sense to buy another seat at this point since we have it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC