What FFing seats puzzle well with a SR35?

gigi

I'm needing a FFing new seat for my son and am wondering which seats puzzle well with a SR35?

I am thinking of a Maestro (if the 65 pound version comes out before June, when I'll need to start using the SR35). But does anyone have any other suggestions?

I don't care if it is a convertible or a FFing only seat, but I'd like a great puzzle so I could put the seats middle/outboard and have a spot for an adult in the back).

My son is 3 years, 8 months, 37-38 pounds, 40" tall, with a long torso and a really big head (about 15.5-16 inch torso and big bulbous head on top LOL). The good news is that for the last 6 months he has just grown in his legs and I think that will continue (he spent 3 years growing a torso and no legs, so I'm hoping his legs will catch up LOL). He's super slender, but has broad shoulders and a lot of muscle.

He would sit in a booster properly now (not that I'd booster him any time soon), so I'm not worried about the FFing seat needing to last until he's 7. I just need it to last until he's about 5-5.5 and can booster full time.

ADS

Mae

I've gotten a Radian next to my SS1 (same as the SR35). They touched, but barely so, and both were acceptable installs. I don't know if you'd be willing to spend that much for such a short time though. I have more pictures; uploading now.

How often do you have another adult with you?

2010-10-30163353.jpg

2010-10-30163423.jpg

Ok, the rest of the pictures.

IMG_00233.jpg

IMG_00243.jpg

IMG_00253.jpg

Last edited:

krasota

I easily puzzled a Blvd (33lb), SS1, and Scenera 40RF this year. I have a Crown Vic, though, and the back seat has approximately three zip codes. The convertibles were both FF.

gigi

Thanks! Keep the suggestions coming!

I have a wide enough back seat, but I really want to get two seats as close together as possible to afford more room for an adult passenger on the outboard passenger side. I have another adult with us enough of the time that we don't want 2 seats outboard. I'm willing to buy what I have to to make it happen. Baby will be in the center in the SR35 (has to be center b/c my husband is tall and wouldn't fit with an infant seat behind him) and will move to outboard RFing once it moves to a convertible with an upright install, so my 4 y.o. (at the time) son will be outboard in the new harnessed seat for the time being.

I don't have a budget and would spend whatever for the right fit. However, I really do not want a Radian because it doesn't fit well RFing in my car (and if I'm going to buy a convertible, I'd want to have the option to use it for new baby once it outgrows the SR35). Any other seat, however, I'm totally willing to consider!

tl01

In DH's car, I just put our FR85 next to our SS1 with is the same as a SR35. They seem to puzzle nicely. I can take some pics if you like.

gigi

Also, if you happen to have tried it, does the BV70 puzzle well with the FR85? I'm thinking I'm going to go with the BV for baby once out of SR35 b/c of how small it is front-to-back.

tl01

Also, if you happen to have tried it, does the BV70 puzzle well with the FR85? I'm thinking I'm going to go with the BV for baby once out of SR35 b/c of how small it is front-to-back.

Hmm... they are in different cars right now. I can see if DH will let me move the seats around but I can't promise anything at the moment. The BLVD is great though b/c it is so small back to front.

MissAllyLou

I also had luck with a Frontier and SS1 side by side. I was able to get a decent install with a FFing Britax (old style) next to the SS1 as well.

Spam

I have my t-35, same as sr35 next to my prosport. I'd take pics, but it's nasty out today. They fit very nicely next to each other.

gigi

tl01 - Please don't worry about moving the carseats around! I appreciate the offer but no big deal. If I go with the Frontier, I'll try them both out in my car at BRU before I buy.

Spam - That is great to know. I'll consider the ProSport too.

Does anyone know which (ProSport vs. Frontier) has a better BOOSTER fit on 5-6 y.o. booster riders? I'd have to decide whether to go with a Combo seat or do a Maestro & dedicated booster in a year.

Spam

I don't have any kiddos near booster age yet, but from what I've read here, both the fr85 and prosport make good boosters. The fr85 makes a taller booster. I think I remember reading the fr85 can be too wide for skinny minnies on the shoulder fit.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC