Do you think this would be a crazy request?

nevaehsmommy

It is snowing hard here. My daughter is at my mom's house for the weekend. She has all the grandbabies.

Nevaeh is riding in my Dni booster so that Dni can have the harnessed seat.

I really wanting to call my mom and tell her I dont want Nevaeh to go to Church tommrow bc of the snow. I dont want her riding in just the booster. But if I say dont put her in the booster then Dni would have to....

So what do you think? Do I have justified fears or I need to get over it and just let it be?

Dni is 24 months and 26lbs, Nevaeh is 4 years old and 43#

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
It's perfectly acceptable to request that your DD not go out tomorrow if the weather and road conditions are truly dangerous.

It's not in any way acceptable to put a 24-month-old in a booster.

If your mom insists on going out, is there someone else who can stay with your daughter?

wvmommy007

I personally only make necessary trips out when it is snowy. I would be ok asking if my child could stay home from church or any other outing in bad weather, especially my usually harnessed child who would be riding in a booster. That's just me. Although she would still be safe in a properly used booster seat. :)

nevaehsmommy

My dad does not go to church every sunday. He is perfectly happy not to go. He just goes to keep the peace *shrugs* so yeah there would be someone to stay with her.

babyherder

Just tell your mom your not comfortable with your dd going out on snowy roads. She doesn't need to go to church so why take the risk of driving in the snow?

NannyMom

Only you know how your Mom will react. If you simply say you don't want DD going out, will she be willing to stay home?

Mae

Nope, not crazy. She's your daughter. If you don't want her to go somewhere because the roads are bad, then don't let her take her. Have your dad stay home with her.

I think she'd be silly to argue. I can see being upset by it, but argue? I'll just cross my fingers that it goes well for you! :)

nevaehsmommy

Yeah she is gonna stay another night. Mom thinks school will be cancelled in the morning so she will not have to go in.

If not then she will bring Nevaeh to me early

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC