Can you read this?

JaRylan

Everyone has probably recieved this in their email a million times already but I always think it is cool (woohoo, I can read gibberish).

If you can read this, your brain is 50% faster than those who can't.

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you can raed tihs, forwrad it.
fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid, too.

Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe tuo fo 100 anc.

ADS

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
Freaky! I was actually able to read it at almost normal speed, which really surprised me! Interesting.

LuvBug

yup I was able to. I am an 'auto-correcter' which means even when I come across a misspelled or even a misplaced word I auto-correct it to make sense, which is why it doesnt bother me when people use incorrect grammar lol! You could use the totally wrong word in a sentence but as long as there are connecting sentences on the topic, or it isnt a crucial word to the one sentence then I can auto-correct it to make sense. I also do it with punctuation, which I believe is why mine has gotten so bad!!! Its actually a bad habit for me to auto-correct everything, because then Im not forced to do it right and I start to forget.

SPJ&E

yup I was able to. I am an 'auto-correcter' which means even when I come across a misspelled or even a misplaced word I auto-correct it to make sense, which is why it doesnt bother me when people use incorrect grammar lol! You could use the totally wrong word in a sentence but as long as there are connecting sentences on the topic, or it isnt a crucial word to the one sentence then I can auto-correct it to make sense. I also do it with punctuation.

Same here.

JaRylan

yup I was able to. I am an 'auto-correcter' which means even when I come across a misspelled or even a misplaced word I auto-correct it to make sense, which is why it doesnt bother me when people use incorrect grammar lol! You could use the totally wrong word in a sentence but as long as there are connecting sentences on the topic, or it isnt a crucial word to the one sentence then I can auto-correct it to make sense. I also do it with punctuation, which I believe is why mine has gotten so bad!!! Its actually a bad habit for me to auto-correct everything, because then Im not forced to do it right and I start to forget.

Sounds like what I do too, I just never realized it.

Tara

Yup, at normal speed here. I also tend to naturally correct. That was fun, I like that kind of thing hehe

southpawboston

yep, it demonstrates how we understand through context. we understand words not only by the letters they contain but by their positions next to each other and by the context of the neighboring words. cool stuff!

TheRealMacGyver

I've read something similar before, it's pretty freaky that you can actually make sense of it and read it as if it was perfectly correct. I'm a little surprised that only 50 out of 100 can read it, I would think that would be higher. Wnoder woh cmoes pu wthi htis tsuff?

JaRylan

I Can Read It, That Is Cool...my Question Is How Long Did That Take You To Type It?

That's the beauty of forwarded emails...no typing!

or

Tath's eht buatey fo fwrodaerd ealims...no tpniyg!

I think it is also much easier to read a paragraph of distorted words than it is to read only a sentence, lol. Both are easier to do than trying to trick your mind into letting you write the word differently than you fingers have memorized it!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC