Vent Dodge Caliber

Kiss Me Deadly

So, my '08 Mazda 5 had to take a trip to the dealership to have a recall fixed (something to do with the power steering). They gave me a loaner car. It is an 08 Dodge Caliber, and I can say that there is not a single thing about this car that I like.

The drivers seat does not adjust very well for a petite (4'11") person like myself, and I feel like I am sitting on the ground and can't see out of the windows.

Installing car seats is a royal PITA! There is not any room to maneuver, LATCH was useless because it wouldn't get tight enough, and I had to use seatbelt install. There is also this weird middle shoulder belt that cannot be unbuckled, and interfered with the tether on my Frontier.

Cargo space is non existent. It is a hatchback, and has less room in the cargo area than my 5 does with the 3rd row seats up! I went Christmas shopping today with the girls and had to stop halfway, make a trip home to unload, and then go get the rest.

I definitely wouldn't recommend this car to anyone with children.

ADS

Interior just got upgraded a ton. But still, it never was liked much by reviewers. There's a reason Chrysler was in the worst shape of the Detroit Big 3.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I had a 2010 as a rental and I hated it. I'm 5'5" (so pretty darn average for a woman) and couldn't find a comfortable driving position and there were a ton of blind spots in the rear.

ca2003

I had a 2010 as a rental and I hated it. I'm 5'5" (so pretty darn average for a woman) and couldn't find a comfortable driving position and there were a ton of blind spots in the rear.

My boyfriend's sister has one and I also found there are tons of blind spots. I hated driving it the few times we had to borrow it (on a side note I hated the Chrysler 300 we had as a rental a few months ago - tons of blind spots which I assume would apply to the Dodge Charger also). I can see the headrests in the backseat being a problem with car seats as well.

xursusmaritimusx

I had one as a rental once and i didnt like it either.
I had no problem installing my SS1 but thats the only seat ive ever installed in it.

Im 5'4" and i had a hard time seeing over the hood!!! its an awkward car to drive

Pixels

I had one as a rental in 06 or 07. Hated it. Hated. The head restraints were soooo uncomfortable. With the seat back upright (which is how I prefer it and is safer than reclined), it pushed my head way forward. I was forced to recline the seat, which strained my back. It was before DD came along, so I don't know about installing seats in it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC