What's your current favorite seat to use?

tracee877

I'm curious what's everyone's favorite seat to use, specifically a convertible or combo seat. I'm not really happy with our current seats and neither is DS, so I'm possibly looking for something new. So what's your favorite?

ADS

luckyclov

Is that a cowmoo MA70 in your pic? No love for it?

Then I may not be any help because out of the library of CRs that I currently have, the MA70 is my (current) fav. It's got to be one of the easiest seats I've ever had my hands on to install. It's straight-forward, common sense, no hassle, IMO. I installed it RF in about 2 minutes - before reading the manual - as a trial run in uber slanted Grand Caravan captain's chairs and didn't have to go back and correct a thing (after reading the manual). Ease of use is a major point scorer for me.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
All I personally use now are boosters, but every time I install or play with an EFTA, I tell myself that if I ever need a convertible again, it will be at the top of my list.

Spam

I like my prosport (with the comfort foam), but moving it back and forth between vehicles, I don't have love for it. I had a fr85 and loved almost everything about, except for the straps always seemed to rub A's neck and when I would adjust had to be very careful to not pinch his neck, but i plan to buy another in the not so distant future. Also have a gn, and it's fine. Don't hate it, don't love love it, but it's in gma's so only used once or twice a week.

NannyMom

I love the Nautilus. I love that Sofi can buckle herself, when she wants to :rolleyes: And it's so easy to tighten the harness. I don't love the head slump when she sleeps though :(

I love my True Fit Premiere. I love that it's reclined enough to keep Sofi's head up when she sleeps.

I long for a Frontier, so I don't know if I'd really love it like I think I would.

tracee877

That is a MA70 in my avatar and I did like it, but I hated the head rest. I would have gotten a RA55 but he would have had less room in it.

I do have a GN and I do like it, but I HATE how slanted it is and I'm constantly digging the buckle out from under him.

I had a Frontier as well and although I loved how well it fit him I could not stand the install. If I ever get a mini van with captains chairs I will definitely get one again.

DS is hating the wings on his Radian XT and it's a fight to get him in it. I just have no love for any seats at the moment.

love-pink

my favorites right now are my af ma and sonata mr. easy installs, smooth adjusters and least important (but my favorite part) super cute covers!!

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Current fave: Graco Nautilus. We like it better than the Frontier (original Frontier model) because the straps are far less twisty and DD2 can buckle herself with ease. No signs of head slump so far even on a longer trip where she did fall asleep in the car. :thumbsup:

Kat_Momof3

well, with headwings, I think my favorite (now that I had one for a whole day to play with) is the Safety 1st CA

In the middle zone (it has extra side stuff, but not actual WINGS) is the Evenflo Momentum... I have loved every evenflo variation on the Triumph, and this is no different... and because the sides are deep, I'll also include the Evenflo Triumph 65.

Deep sides again, but no wings... Myride 65... for rf, I really love convertibles that sit high... it makes installing them without buckle crunch easier, but the CA was the exception... but mostly because one version has that base to lift it some... and the other, well, I'd end up using pool noodles or the kid would be so nice and upright that it wouldn't be doable with a base.

for ff... I loved the Nauti... but some kids have bad head slump... and because I chose (for several reasons) not to use it as a booster, I'd probably get the Maestro, Frontier, or Prosport instead if I were shopping for that kind of seat now.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I haven't installed/used many seats, but I do really like the Safety 1st CA. It's really easy to install.

AtTheSouthDam

The Young Sport. Everyone who voted for that one a while back was right. I love it. The harness is so smooth. Adjusting the strap height is so easy. It fits DD2 so well and it so quick to install! It's my favorite right now :)

turtlemama

My favorite seat out of the 4 I have is the True Fit. The harness is very easy to adjust and it installs pretty easily. Also it is very plushy!
I only dislike 2 things about it, my 4 year old can't use it because the crotch strap hurts him, and the RF limit of 35 lbs.
I just got a CA65 and I like it, but I don't love it. It was hard for me to install in my Pacifica in the 2rd row RF. I may change my mind about it once I turn it FF though. DS only has 2 inches before he outgrows it RF. The straps feel thin to me also, but that may just be me.
I also have a MA that I like. I don't like the RF limit and I'm a bit freaked out about some Canadian crash tests FF that I just learned about. So I will likely be replacing it. It is extremely easy to install though, I love that.

emandbri

Graco nautilus. It is easy to install, Elizabeth can buckle herself, and the adjuster is easier than the radian.

Mingie

CPST Instructor
Frontier. I love installing it in my van with the LBP, I love how well dd#1 sleeps in it and how easy it is to adjust.

Mommy0608

I'm in love with DD's Frontier 85!! :love: Easy installation with both LATCH and seatbelt in my van, easy harness adjustment (DH loves that about this seat and can't wait for DS to move into a Frontier 85 as well), DD loves it and sleeps well in it, has loads of growing room, etc. I really can't think of one thing I dislike about the seat! Oh wait... yes I can, the cover. I really wish I could get a pink cover that's not mesh. DD just has to have pink. Fortunately the blue one that DS will eventually get is not mesh.

DahliaRW

My ds1's TB because he can buckle himself and my ds2's CA because he can buckle himself and all I have to do is loosen and tighten! LOL! Can you tell I'm ecstatic that I only have to physically buckle one child right now? But unfortunately she's the one that fights it...

In all seriousness, I'm totally loving my MR, rfing.

babygirlsmom1005

My favorite seat is the Radian XT. It installs so easily into my Suburban RF'ing and FF'ing and both kids fit really well into it.

I also really like Madeline's Frontier 80 - easy install with SBP in any position I have put it in the Suburban. When she sleeps, there is no head slump and she likes that there is enough room for her to sit chis cross apple sauce (and the girl has long legs)

jess71903

Ambassador
True Fit, all the way. I like it RF, but I love it now FF. I have some minor annoyances with it, but day to day, it's my favorite. I think if I had a Nautilus, it might compete, though.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC