Parkway sg and bigger kids

is anyone else having a problem with comfort? I noticed when I got it that the little arm rests were pressing into her hips, but she insisted it was fine and not bothering her.

She has never complained, till last night, we did a holiday lights drive and then stopped at the food store and DH ran in. While we waited in the car she complained that she had to unbuckle, cause her sides were hurting cause her car seat was digging.. I asked her to explain and she said the arm rests really do dig.

I feel bad the only other seat I have for her is a backless turbo for DH's car. (I do in the next 6 months or so need to invest in a high back turbo for booster training FIona... but not right now I was hoping.

I am considering giving her Fiona's frontier (Fiona hates it and I have been trying to sell it but no luck) as her booster..I feel bad having a parkway sg sit here unused cause she is the only child that meets the weight on it.

Anyways anyone else having this issue.
Julianna is not overweight at all either, she is 75th for height and weight.. she does how ever have this booty on her! She gets it from My husbands dads side, some of these woman are so thin and their behinds are just..well HUGE! (not a bad thing though lol) (do I sound like a weirdo now?)

ADS

luckyclov

Not too long ago, maybe in the Fall, I posted a thread with PWSG/Monterey/ProBooster comparison pics. In the thread, I noted how cramped my DS - then 7 1/2 years old and 63-ish lbs - was in it. The armrests seemed to rest *right at* his hips/bum/whatever and he said it was hard to get the seatbelt positioned under the armrests. For that reason, we went with the ProBooster as his primary. So, yes, I anticipated much of the same problem, though he never outright complained of discomfort.

We ended up having some tipping issues with the ProBooster in my 3rd row, and also did with our Montereys, and the PWSG was the only one that did NOT tip. The tipping was really frustrating for him. So now he's happily riding in a PWSG again. It's a snug fit, but he doesn't complain and he's mastered buckling and positioning. The new PWSGLs have higher armrests, so I wonder if that might free up some butt space?

maybe I need to sell the parkway sg and go for the vivo I considered, I guess the vivo at least would booster for Fiona at 30 lbs instead of 40 (the kids not going to meet 40 lbs till she is like 7 at this rate and she has about 6 months before she maxs out her radian xt for height lol

Kat_Momof3

you know, my son fit fine in the vivo, narrow as it is, when we bought it for his sister, when he was cramped in a backless turbo already... so yeah, a Vivo would probably work.

Otherwise, I'd sell the SG and just use the frontier for her.

I just put the frontier in booster mode and tried her out in it, MUCH better comfort wise she said and the fit is really awesome on her.. so I guess out with the parkway sg I loved having the cowmoo :(

sweetfeet

I bought my now 8 year old the SG last October and noticed right away that the arm rests seemed snug, but chalked it up to her riding in the OS PW up until then and not being used to arm rests. Well within a month she started complaining that she felt like her hips were squished. The lap belt sometimes has slack because her hips hit from arm rest to arm rest and she does try to pull the slack out but it gets hung up most of the time. So we stopped using the SG when she turned 8 and I bought her an Olli. It has a lot more space for her hips and it's deeper too. Sophie isn't a big kid. She's well proportioned but has a booty on her. I'm going to save the SG for my son. It'll sit around for 18 months but that's okay. I was pretty disappointed that it didn't work for my daughter though.

Anyways she seems very happy with the frontier, so I am going to sell the parkway sg for now, and Since I gave her the frontier I will get Fiona a GN or a Maestro, probably GN as I like the better. Then when Fiona boosters Full time Nolan can have the GN, Fiona the frontier again and by then Julianna will be ok in a backless full time I am sure.

So that is the plan for now.. I am sure it will end up subject to change lol

Kat_Momof3

sounds like a plan... and hey, if she WANTS to stay in a highback, she'll be able to... that is THE tallest booster...

And the pink sky will go well with whatever Nautilus you buy.

sounds like a plan... and hey, if she WANTS to stay in a highback, she'll be able to... that is THE tallest booster...

And the pink sky will go well with whatever Nautilus you buy.

ha my car is too short honestly, it will only raise one more click before it hits the ceiling.. but she has plenty of room on the click she is on!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC