Question Can i still find a new britax regent anywhere?

lovemybabies924

and if i can whats the most recent DOM i can hope to find? my craigslist one is gonna expire soon and i just LOVE the seat and would have 3 of them if i could :love: so i was hoping there was somewhere i could find a new one for a decent/cheap price since they are so long discontinued :) and i have this awesome leopard print cover/belly pad that i dont want to toss!!

ADS

Mom2three

I don't know about finding one new, I haven't looked. But I know there is at least one on swap. I think it's an 07 if I'm remembering correctly.

Reactions: Mae

lovemybabies924

honestly if i was gonna get a used i would just get one on craigslist again...anyone can say anything about a seat IMO i would rather see it 1st :)

tl01

honestly if i was gonna get a used i would just get one on craigslist again...anyone can say anything about a seat IMO i would rather see it 1st :)

You can't necessarily see damage from a crash even if the seat is there in person. I'd consider buying one in swap from one of the trusted members of this board. I can't imagine they'd steer you in the wrong direction.

Mae

You can't necessarily see damage from a crash even if the seat is there in person. I'd consider buying one in swap from one of the trusted members of this board. I can't imagine they'd steer you in the wrong direction.

Right. It's highly discouraged to ever use a Craigslist seat -- You have absolutely no idea on the history of the seat. People can say anything about a seat, like you said, but you can't always see the damage and you can never know for certain that a seat hasn't been damaged/crashed/etc.

People can (and DO!) lie, just to get rid of things and to (sadly) make a buck or two. They don't realize how deadly important a lie can be when it pertains to a car seat.

Would you trust that stranger's word with your child's life? I wouldn't. I probably wouldn't even trust a friend's word with my child's life.

There's no way to be 100% certain on the history of the seat, unless you buy new. And there's no way I would ever use a seat from a complete stranger. I don't even buy from certain members of this board, simply because I do not know them well.

As far as the car seats you children are riding in now - Were they previously owned before, too? If so, I would replace them right away. Like another poster said, if you like the Regents, you will likely like the Frontier 85 (not the Frontier 80 - They are different!). I love mine! :D

Here is the link to a nice, thorough review of the Frontier 85 (FR85), done by our very Admin, Darren. :love: -

But in all honesty, I wouldn't drive with your kids anywhere in an unknown-history seat; it's that big of a deal.

ETA: The Regent's top slot is about 19.75", and the Frontier 85's top slot is right around 19.5", so as far as that is concerned, there isn't much difference.

Last edited:

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
Agree that Craigslist seats are bad news and I wouldn't put my child in one. There's a reason that we give new seats to parents at checks when they come in with unknown-history seats: they are that unsafe and we know that we can't tell by looking at them.

As far as buying from a member here -- like others, some I would and some I would not. (Which is not to say that there are people I actively distrust, but there are plenty that I don't "know" well enough to trust with my child's life.)

luckyclov

Britax discontinued the Regent in 9/09. Therefore, chances are high that you can purchase it online somewhere like here. However, if you like the Regent, you'll love :love::love: the Britax Frontier 85!:)

I loved the Regent but I'm just eh about the Frontier 85, so that's not true for everyone.:p

I was able to find a new Regent with an '08 DOM last year, online. You lose life, obviously, but it was worth it to me.

ETA: I totally agree, I would never put my child in a CraigsList seat. You just don't know the history and people just aren't (usually) honest about the hx, anyways. Sad, but true.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC