Thanks Radian

MySillyKids

I'm sure my DD appreciated the gift you gave her today.

She surrrrrrrre loves her some head slump. :rolleyes:

e1e7b2a4-1.jpg

Anyone have any ideas for a FF only seat, that doesn't have headslump for a 33ish pound 3 years next month :)eek:) kid?

ADS

babygirlsmom1005

Madeline doesn't like the RN FF'ing either because of head slump issues - she wants that seat RF'ing only and will ride in it RF'ing only....when she gets to 40 lbs she'll no longer ride in it (well because she won't ride in it FF'ing and it'll be given to her brother and she'll use the Frontier)

MySillyKids

RFing Radian? Barf! :p

I thought you were checking out the Pro-whatever? The Recaro? What about just using your MA? Unless you're looking for enabling...in which case no, don't use the MA, it sucks. ;)

the MA is in the house, and for some reason, i TOTALLY forgot about it. Oh yea, i wrote it off. I HATE THE BASE! She climbs in the radian herself (i should video that, it's cute how she gets in there!) and she can't in the MA.

The pro-sport? Yeah, i plan to buy one very, very soon.

MoreLatte

We had head slump like that in the XTSL also, same with the GN. Go for the Frontier 85, it still sits pretty low and she's never had any slumping in it.

MySillyKids

We had head slump like that in the XTSL also, same with the GN. Go for the Frontier 85, it still sits pretty low and she's never had any slumping in it.

I have a frontier. I should try her in that.

I have:

MA
Frontier
Radian
Nautilus

She rarely drives in the car farther than the bus stop, so i'm not SO worried, but days like today, eep!

Jan06twinmom

Wow! That's amazing. Is it something about the headwings that makes the head slump so bad? Or something about your car?

We turned DS ff at 2.5y because he hit the 33lb rf limit on our car. He definitely had a lot of head slump when he could fall asleep, but not nearly as bad as your DD has. I moved my DD ff at 4y5m and she doesn't have head slump issues at all. DS head slump issues also got better over time. For me, I think that it really showed how much stronger their neck has gotten over the two years.

Melanie

emandbri

Oh that is horrible. Elizabeth has only been FF in her XTSL for 2 days so she hasn't fallen asleep yet, we'll see how she does. If I want to keep her in the middle spot the choices are radian or nautilus and she does sometimes have head slump in Brian's car in it. If I move her outboard I could put her in the my ride but man it is ugly and I want her in the middle. I can't use the my ride in the middle seat because the outboard seats don't flip easily with it there.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Hmmm, Bridget slept great in the XTSL, no slump at all, on our last long trip where she used it FF.

Then we got home, put it in OUR car and she slumped a little but not that much. I'm betting it's very dependent on the install.

(In our new car she's in her SafeGuard Child Seat which is WONDERFUL, but of course no longer on the market. :( )

Mom2three

Wow, that is awful. My neighbor's DD has the same problem FF in our RN. I have put her in our FR the last few days and she has fallen asleep twice. No issues at all. I'n not sure about our GN yet, it still hasn't showed up. But really, anything is better than that.

ETA: I love that my kids can get into the RN by themselves. My DS is so cute climbing into it all by himself. It makes loading up so much easier.

djma

You don't have the MR anymore? But I guess that may pose a problem with her climbing since it sits up kind of high.

My vote is try the Frontier.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
I LOVE the CA as a FFing seat (well..and as a RFing seat, lol ) But anyway, for FFing, it both has a nice natural recline, AND the head wings provide a nice soft pillow to rest your head against.

(And....STOP it!!! no more putting our babies forward facing, you are Freaking. Me. Out. They are NOT almost 3. Not. Not. Not. )

StillThankful

I don't have much head slump with DD1 FF in the RNXTSL(maybe b/c I have captain chairs, which are a little reclined) but I have major head slump with my EFTA.

However, the MR is great FFing b/c of the natural recline--no head slump there:)

HTH

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I'd recline my vehicle seatback a notch or two and make sure the install is still solid...Leah never slumped when I did that in her old RN65. And raise the harness a slot.
Or a lovely lovely mooing Frontier is absolutely divine :whistle:

(I'm sorry, how the heck did Miss K turn 3? I was horrified at the thought of her FF till I read her age, lol).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC