Foster parents - would you do it again?

Ahzryn

For some reason I have fostering again on the brain. I know a couple of you here foster.....how has it been overall? Every time I start thinking about it, I do the research and hear all the horror stories about false accusations and totally loose my nerve. Haven't made it to the informational meeting yet :) It's sad that it's that and not the thought of letting the kids go, but I guess welcome to today's world :(

ADS

Splash

Yes, but no.

I WOULD do it again, if it were just us, but it's not. I don't think it's fair to Charlie, at this point in his life, to be a foster parent. He does not have the emotional capacity to understand why his friends and siblings have to go away, and I don't think it's fair to his heart. Plus, it's too much of a health risk for him at this point. If he were older, we'd probably do it again. But my reluctance to do it again has nothing to do with the pain we experience or the struggles or anything like that, it's because I don't think it's fair (or safe) to my child at this point in his life.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
We are just beginning our journey. It's taken 8mo just to get us licensed, but we are finally here and now we are just waiting for the phone to ring. So I don't have any first hand experience actually BEING a foster parent.

I've heard a lot of the same stories, which is one of the reasons I'm not taking older kids. We are doing babies (0-2yrs). My kids are older and understand the foster babies will only be here temporary...even if temp is 2yrs. It's still going to hurt, but at least they can understand the process better then a young child.

Just this morning, my 16yr old came in my room and says 'we need a foster baby soon'. They are just as anxious as I am. C'mon sleepless nights! LOL

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC