Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member

Have you guys seen the specs on the 08 Chrysler T&C?

We have an 06' and they just sent us a magazine with the info on the upcoming 08's in all their cars. The new Town and Country will have second row captain's chairs availabe that REAR FACE!!!! You just turn the seats around. Does anybody find this as exciting as me? My 5 year old can ride rearfacing even though her seat is installed ff. And the third row can come with 2 integrated child seats that fit up to 50lbs! I feel the need to trade in mine on a new one's come out.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Have you guys seen the specs on the 08 Chrysler T&C?

Actually your 5 year old can not ride rear facing on those seats. In the Chrysler brochure it states that when used with a child restraint it must be forward facing and the manual of your car seat also prohibits using it on rear facing or side facing seats. Maybe if Chrysler would put in their own built in car seats and allow them to be rear-facing while in use...now that would be cool. But you know it will never happen, darn-it!

Senior Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by thefosters.2 View Post
    Actually your 5 year old can not ride rear facing on those seats. In the Chrysler brochure it states that when used with a child restraint it must be forward facing and the manual of your car seat also prohibits using it on rear facing or side facing seats. Maybe if Chrysler would put in their own built in car seats and allow them to be rear-facing while in use...now that would be cool. But you know it will never happen, darn-it!
    Well, shoot. I got all excited. Oh well. Its still neat though.

Carseat Crazy

well, no, but when your kids are out of boosters, they could

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by menfusse View Post
    We have an 06' and they just sent us a magazine with the info on the upcoming 08's in all their cars. The new Town and Country will have second row captain's chairs availabe that REAR FACE!!!! You just turn the seats around. Does anybody find this as exciting as me? My 5 year old can ride rearfacing even though her seat is installed ff. And the third row can come with 2 integrated child seats that fit up to 50lbs! I feel the need to trade in mine on a new one's come out.
    I want it I want it I want it I want it...and I despise US made minivans, but I don't care, I want it I want it I want it.....
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

I was noticing that in the Regent guide. Why is it exactly that it can't go in a rear facing seat? Physics-wise I mean. Wouldn't it be more secure? I'm not saying I would ever do it against the manufacuterers recommendation. I just want to know why.....

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paperdragon View Post
    I was noticing that in the Regent guide. Why is it exactly that it can't go in a rear facing seat? Physics-wise I mean. Wouldn't it be more secure? I'm not saying I would ever do it against the manufacuterers recommendation. I just want to know why.....
    No reason besides it's probably not tested and because they say so....
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good