Those with parkway sg

ADS

monstah

My DS is 5 and does the SG clip by himself with no problems. It is challenging for him to get the seat belt under the armrests but we have the first version. The new PKWY with latch has higher armrests and looks easier.

Baylor

Thanks.. that what I was wondering. He is in the last row, so I wanted to see if it was something he could do alone.

I love seeing little kids strap themselves in right and check it all.. cool video! Thanks.

luckyclov

Isn't the crotch clip mandatory :scratcheshead:

Edit: :doh: nevermind, I think you meant the seat in general, that he doesn't use the PWSG. I think, lol.

He uses the PWSG as his primary booster - no, he does not use the SG clip. It's "optional". He's 8 and a confident/mature/responsible booster occupant, so I do not subject him to the "ball hugger", as he so lovingly refers to it.:p

sweetfeet

Yeah my daughter no longer uses the SG clip, but when my little guy booster trains in a year or so I'll have him use it until his larger and more mature.

Polola0628

Ahh, thanks! I remember reading Darren's blog about it being mandatory. Good to know it's not, as I assume it can get quite uncomfy for older kids!

Baylor

Can I ask if anyone has stats on submaring? Ages, seats, what makes it happen?

This is my concern about him in a booster. He is 6.5 so boostering is coming.. I want to know all I can to make sure he is safe.

I want to by a turbo booster for him for emergencies and such, My concern is the submaring.. That is why I was thinking of SG... I can not imagine having the strap and not using it.

luckyclov

Assuming your child is of the manufacturer's recommended age/weight, fits properly *in* the booster, is mature enough to stay positioned properly all of the time, and the booster provides a nice, adequate seatbelt fit, your child will be as safe as they can be in any given situation.

Submarining happens, mostly amoung younger/smaller, not-quite-mature-yet booster occupants, but it happens. Accidents which are unsurvivable happen, even to children in the best of the best restraint, best of the best install, positioned 250% properly, 250% of the time, in a best of the best vehicle. Sad, but true.

As far as actual statistics are concerned, I'm not sure if they exist.

But, personally, I'd rather spend my time making sure my child is positioned properly in his booster with a good seatbelt fit, that he's being a responsible rider, and that my booster is a good fit in my vehicle over searching for statistics that may, or may not exist or that may, or may not, actually be credible, non-anecdotally based.

The good thing about the PWSG is that you have the option of the SG clip...and if it works out for your child - sweet. If not, don't use it...and you still have a fully functional booster. :)

Baylor

Assuming your child is of the manufacturer's recommended age/weight, fits properly *in* the booster, is mature enough to stay positioned properly all of the time, and the booster provides a nice, adequate seatbelt fit, your child will be as safe as they can be in any given situation.

Submarining happens, mostly amoung younger/smaller, not-quite-mature-yet booster occupants, but it happens. Accidents which are unsurvivable happen, even to children in the best of the best restraint, best of the best install, positioned 250% properly, 250% of the time, in a best of the best vehicle. Sad, but true.

As far as actual statistics are concerned, I'm not sure if they exist.

But, personally, I'd rather spend my time making sure my child is positioned properly in his booster with a good seatbelt fit, that he's being a responsible rider, and that my booster is a good fit in my vehicle over searching for statistics that may, or may not exist or that may, or may not, actually be credible, non-anecdotally based.

The good thing about the PWSG is that you have the option of the SG clip...and if it works out for your child - sweet. If not, don't use it...and you still have a fully functional booster. :)

Thanks. I just want to afford them all the protection I can against things I can help.. If that makes sense.

I think I am going to order a SG and at least I will know that it gives him just one more level of armor against the storm..

Thanks so much. I have been reading posts but nothing was as clear as your post!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC