MSK or anyone else with 2011 odyssey

tl01

I'm trying to devise a plan for tying down cargo when my third row is stowed. Somehow Honda only put cargo tie downs in the 3rd row area.... Though they mention that stuff should be tied down is using the area behind the second row for cargo. My only option seems to be to buy a net that can start at the back with the cargo hooks at the bottom of the door that will go under the cargo and up and around the cargo behind the second row and along the top of the cargo that will then attach into the other cargo hooks in the back the problem is....

On p. 556 of the manual there are two pics. The right pic shows the tie-downs except I can't find the bottom row ones near the door seal ones. Are you able to find them on your car?

ADS

tl01

I uh, don't tie stuff down, granted we barely have anything back there.
Would you pretty please with a cherry on top just peak at the page and see if you see the anchors? I'm going to have to make a trip to the dealer and don't really want to....pretty please and your convenience!

MySillyKids

Would you pretty please with a cherry on top just peak at the page and see if you see the anchors? I'm going to have to make a trip to the dealer and don't really want to....pretty please and your convenience!

sure, the books are right next to me, lol.

i'll check tomorrow morning for the actual hooks. I've got cookies baking :eek:

d2eb1996.jpg

lovinwaves

What if your third row is down and the cargo area is full.... What do you do?

That's a daily event for me LOL Ok, well not every day :p

I recently had a solid wood dining table in there with two leaves and 4 wooden chairs. Yeah my kids were in the van too. No way to "tie it down." :shrug-shoulders:

Another option is to put the 3rd row up and put your "stuff" in the "well" and then recline the 3rd row seats as far back as they will go as to put a "roof" or shield over the top of the items.

tl01

That's a daily event for me LOL Ok, well not every day :p

I recently had a solid wood dining table in there with two leaves and 4 wooden chairs. Yeah my kids were in the van too. No way to "tie it down." :shrug-shoulders:

Another option is to put the 3rd row up and put your "stuff" in the "well" and then recline the 3rd row seats as far back as they will go as to put a "roof" or shield over the top of the items.

We do trips to my parent's house and we need all the space bc we take the stroller etc..... Plus when we go to Costco we take the stroller too...

lovinwaves

You could put the 40/60 split seat up and put one of the heaviest objects behind there and recline the seat. Your van is pretty new to you, but the cargo room is pretty amazing even with the 3rd row up. You could almost do like a "compartmentalization" effect by putting stuff in the foot area of the 3rd row while it is up and stuff in the well.

tl01

You could put the 40/60 split seat up and put one of the heaviest objects behind there and recline the seat. Your van is pretty new to you, but the cargo room is pretty amazing even with the 3rd row up. You could almost do like a "compartmentalization" effect by putting stuff in the foot area of the 3rd row while it is up and stuff in the well.

Those are good ideas... But I'll take pics on our next Costco trip and visit to my family. :whistle: ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC