Maestro "Henderson" in real life?

pepsicola

Anyone have a real pic of this? The trim looks yellow :(. We have the Burlington Baby Depot black and teal one and we need another one, I was gonna look for a BRU coupon and get this one but now I'm not so sure about the cover.

pTRU1-8218539dt.jpg

ADS

honeydew

It's a mint green trim. I glanced at it yesterday at Babiesrus. I like it much better than the black/gray with yellow trim that I have.

Baylor

What are the weight limits on this seat? I am wondering if it would be a good back up seat for my 2 yr old..

Baylor

Thanks I looked on the BRU site biut all it said was Higher harness weight. Not the actual weight. I don't know if it would be worth it for him. at 43 lbs already.. although since it is a booster, I could always use it for older ds if he out grew it.. I have coupon for BRU so I am just trying to get the best bang for my buck.

Traquy

Thanks I looked on the BRU site biut all it said was Higher harness weight. Not the actual weight. I don't know if it would be worth it for him. at 43 lbs already.. although since it is a booster, I could always use it for older ds if he out grew it.. I have coupon for BRU so I am just trying to get the best bang for my buck.

From what I understand from other threads on this board, the maestro makes a super crappy booster and is pretty much outgrown when they outgrow the harness part. It is really just an extended harness seat.

pepsicola

From what I understand from other threads on this board, the maestro makes a super crappy booster and is pretty much outgrown when they outgrow the harness part. It is really just an extended harness seat.

It is a short seat, and it outgrown at the same time as the harness, but it is actually a great booster seat for kids who are within the height limit. It made the current IIHS Best Bet list. In fact, it did better than the Nautilus, which makes me wonder why everyone tells parents to skip the Maestro and buy the Nautilus. A Maestro and then a dedicated HHB later is a better reccomendation for most children IMHO.

Baylor

It is a short seat, and it outgrown at the same time as the harness, but it is actually a great booster seat for kids who are within the height limit. It made the current IIHS Best Bet list. In fact, it did better than the Nautilus, which makes me wonder why everyone tells parents to skip the Maestro and buy the Nautilus. A Maestro and then a dedicated HHB later is a better reccomendation for most children IMHO.

What do you mean it did better? They are all safety rated and from what I understand they do not "RATE" boosters for better performance. Just ease of installation and use..

pepsicola

IIHS tests booster seats for belt fit and publishes their seat recommendations based on how they fit an average child. There is a link to it on their homepage. I would link it here but I am typing from my phone. You can easily find it with Google. ;)

mamakc

I'm sorry I don't have pictures, but I was just admiring the Maestro cover at BRU last night. It really is nice. Tan, brown, and a pleasant green. Wish I could get it for DD's Maestro.

BTW I think my DD is a great example of the ideal Maestro user. She has a short torso and will probably reach the max harness height at... I don't know, age 12? However, she will hit the 50lb weight limit probably between 5 and 6 years old. At that point, it will be GREAT to continue using as a spare booster. I'm very very happy with my Maestro (aside from wishing I had a prettier cover. Mine's black/grey/silver piping). If I remember correctly, although the headrest doesn't move, there is a little room for growth as a booster so it's not completely useless once the harness is outgrown. And it positions the belt WAY better than the Nauti.

pepsicola

I really like the pattern, I was just worried about that trim color against the brown. I won't be able to get to BRU this week but I really want to see what it looks like. My husband won't give up "his" Maestro so we're gonna buy another one, lol.

Baylor

Okay thanks for the explanation.. My kids fit great in the Nautilus. My older son has used it as both a booster and harnessed and both are great fits.

Kayleen

I really liked the colors IRL.

I had bought one when the Evenflo Maestro recall came out (10/15/2010). I ended up returning it because the warranty card and the stickers on the seat all only showed a 6yr expiration when it should be 8 years. The manual said 8 yrs, but all labeling on the seat said 6yrs. Too many inconsitencies for me at the time of the recall. Just something to be aware of.

Mylilboyblue

A bit off topic, but why on that list did the HB Turbo get a best bet for one cover and then two other covers were on the good list? I thought they were all the same "frame"? :confused:

honeydew

Ok, here they are.

The best I could get of the whole seat. The florescent lights didn't help prove it's not yellow.

1210101616.jpg

The label on the Maestro.

1210101617a.jpg

The label on a Big Kid Booster with yellow trim. Just to show the Maestro really isn't yellow.

1210101618a.jpg

I hope this helps you!

Btw, I did resize in Photobucket but they're still showing huge.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC