A Thank You Note From a Father

U

Unregistered

Hi all,

I would like to thank the founders of this site, as well as the people who are running it and its members.

I am the kind of a person who has to make a research before buying something, especially for something which I am buying for the safety of my DD (my only child yet :) ). Thanks to care-seat.org I have learned about REAR FACING. In my country (Turkey), almost noone has an idea about this and ALL of the people that I know end up buying a FF seat once their kid outgrows the infant seat, or right after their kid becomes 12 months old. I even know a couple who purchased a FF car seat when their kid is around 9-10 months old, because their baby is crying in her infant seat. I didn't say anything to them because I, myself had no clue about the subject either. I, could also end up going to a store and buy a FF seat for my 10 month old, because soon he will outgrow his seat, but thanks to this site I am planning to keep my DD RF, as long as possible.

Sadly in my country even using infant seats wasn't mandatory prior to June 2010, but a new law has been made in accordance with the EU laws. However, except Sweden, I doubt that throughout EU countries, the importance of RF is known as we can see from the available products in their market. So in the end I was left with either importing from US or Sweden, and chose Sweden because the available products in their market allow for RF for much longer. I had made the order yesterday from carseat.se and I can't wait to receive it!

Also, special thanks to Adventuredad, who was very helpful and patient with my questions prior to my order.

Thank you all.

ADS

Jan06twinmom

Thank you! I'm glad to hear that you were able to find a seat that will allow you to keep your baby safe in the car.

I know I enjoy helping out people who want to do research and need help keeping their children safe. It's even better to hear when we've made a positive difference. It sounds like you will be making a difference in your area when people see your cool seat and wonder why your baby is riding backwards.

Melanie

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Glad to hear you were able to find information and products to keep your children safe! Please feel welcome to join our community and spread the word.

BananaBoat

:happy-wavehello:

What wonderful words to hear! Good job making your DD as safe as possible. We love hearing that we can make a difference, so many thanks for the note of appreciation! What a great dad you are to your family :D

Baylor

This place is awesome. I think I had basic car seat safety knowledge when I came here but there was so much I was just not aware of when it comes to keeping our kids safe! I agree! This place is amazing and the people that offer their time and expertise are angels!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC