Bravado Nursing Bras??? (Warning: Obvious boob talk inside!)

strollerfreak

Senior Community Member
I need to replace my old & tired Bravado's...we're talking OLD Bravado's here, like the original band style, where they actually had S, S+ and S++... After being used through PE for two kids already they are WORN OUT.

So I get online to look and see how much new ones will be since DH gave the go ahead to buy a new one since I'm saving us $$ by pumping and am confused as to what I want now?!

Do I want the Basic, Basic Plus or the Microfiber?!

I wear Avent breastpads in them 24/7 so I'm not sure if the Microfiber would work for me as it has an actual cup size...and I have NO idea what size cup I am right now. (I'm 1wk PP, and engorgement has passed)

Do you prefer one of the above and why? :confused:

ADS

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
Congratulations!!!

Sorry, I'm no help. I found an online retailer called biggerbras.com and that's where I currently buy mine. I wear a 36H (normally), so it's next to impossible to find decent nursing bras. Goddess is my favourite brand and I noticed they now have nursing bras so I'll probably be giving those a try this time next year!

Sorry, that's not really any help... I really just wanted to say congrats on the new baby. I love the R theme you have going with your kids!

jennsmile

Thanks, I guess my bras are ancient as well as they had the same sizing as yours. Mine also need to be replaced...

I was also looking at Decent Exposure. They are to be good according to a friend.

Jenn

skipspin

Can I "share" your thread?
I almost bought some and just didn't like buying sight unseen. Is there anywhere that carries them IRL?
That, and I always have trouble finding them small enough. It seems most nursing bras start at a C. Right now at 1 month pptm I'm a B. (Yes, that's big for me, don't laugh. I prefer my normal A actually.) So, if anyone has any thoughs in that direction it would be great.

I have a large assortment of cheaper varieties and honestly I don't hate them, but I don't love any of them either.

lovinwaves

Hi Melissa!! Congrats on the new Baby!! :D I have been meaning to call you but figured you guys are just getting settled in ;(

Well, I know this isn't your question, and to be honest I have never owned a Bravada (the price scared me LOL!). But, I just wanted to let you know I used the Playtex Nursing Bras. They come in a box. I purchased them from Sears, for like $20 I think. They worked AWESOME for me.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Congrats on your baby, how's it going?

I have 3 bravado bra's (well not in use at this time) and LOVED them! That is all I used :) I had this original plus size style

I have a friend who's youngest is 2.5 months older then my little guy, she bought one at a garage sale from someone we know and she said it is way better then any nursing bra she has ever tried. She just had ones from sears and couldn't believe how different they were.

Starlight

Senior Community Member
I bought a Wacoal something or other. There's another post in the private forum about it. I really like it. It makes me look like I have boobs. (It's underwire.)

Congrats on the little one!

didymama

i have 2 double plus and one supreme-i'm a 40F. love the supreme. these are my 3 fave bras ever-including non nursing! the supreme is pricey but SO worth it for my boob size.

tl01

I love the sports bra style and the microfiber ones. These are the only nursing bras I wear and I tried a lot of them... all sort of pricey ones.

InTheWoods

I haven't read all the replies, so maybe someone has already touched on this.

I'd go with the rec'd sizing on Bravado's or an e-tailer's site. Or try them on at hospital "nursing" shops; some hospitals carry Bravado, just call to ask.

I've worn different brands of nursing bras, but love the Bravado's best. I'm a 34DD and wear the M+ size, think that's it, and just pull aside the cup to nurse, easier and more discreet than messing with a snap. (I buy the ones w/o snaps and if they're still in one piece when DD's done nursing, I can wear them still.) I wear a Bravado to bed, it's that comfy.

I heard that eBay has Yes brand bras, knock-offs of the Bravado, at cheaper prices. I haven't tried them, though.

Kristin

I have ordered bras with the last 2 pregs and just again today for this one from www.birthandbaby.com. They are located in the Seattle WA area and ship anywhere in the US for $1. So I usually tell them what I like and don't like about bras and they ship me 5 or 6 and I try them on, jump up and down in them, and then decide what I like and send the rest back. I seriously do this probably 4 or 5 times with each kid....and they are totally fine with it. They have several brands that fit larger women (I am a 38F or G) and even more that fit smaller (what I like to call "normal"!) women! HTH!!

Lea_Ontario

I'll be the sole voice of dissent - as I've had a Bravado and HATED it with a passion. It fit okay, band-wise, cup-wise, but it was so high under my arms that it was actually PAINFUL to wear.

oxeye

I didn't like the Bravado either - it was great for lounging around the house and comfy for bed but it didn't give me enough support or "shape" for out in public. I wore one of the plus sizes so it had the reinforced sides but that wasn't enough apparently.

Who knows - maybe I needed the double plus size.

I never did find a nursing bra I was in love with. :( My little one doesn't nurse during the day anymore so I just wear a normal bra now (and it's the happiest my boobs have been in 3.5 years!) LOL

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
ITA Ulrike. I have a couple of Bravado microfiber ones and they are usually in the bottom of the drawer and worn only when my beloved Playtex Expectant Moments bras are in the laundry to be honest. :) Both styles have one handed flaps but I always fumble way more with the Bravado clasp, and don't feel the Bravado is as supportive as the Playtex. :twocents: PM me if you want to know what size I wear, lol.

Synchro246

Can I "share" your thread?
I almost bought some and just didn't like buying sight unseen. Is there anywhere that carries them IRL?
That, and I always have trouble finding them small enough. It seems most nursing bras start at a C. Right now at 1 month pptm I'm a B. (Yes, that's big for me, don't laugh. I prefer my normal A actually.) So, if anyone has any thoughs in that direction it would be great.

I have a large assortment of cheaper varieties and honestly I don't hate them, but I don't love any of them either.

I'd go with a non-nursing bra that doesn't have underwire. Bali bras makes some nice comfy and shapely ones that are strechy enough just to pull to the side. JC pennies sells them. I'm a big ol C cup and they work for me even in public.

I also like my walmart nursing bras. . .though they wear out kinda quickly. Target just started carrying a new line of bras that are prettier than their old ones and they don't come in boxes anymore so trying them on isn't as much of a PITA. I just bought a motherwear night bra and I LOVE it too.

Update on my BirthandBaby shopping experience...they are actually about 1 hour north of Kennewick, WA. I ordered yesterday morning and the ones they had in stock arrived today!!! Yay! No more being squished!!! Yay!!! And I checked their website, they do carry Bravado. (Personally, I'm a huge Anita fan...I like to look pretty!!)

strollerfreak

Senior Community Member
ITA Ulrike. I have a couple of Bravado microfiber ones and they are usually in the bottom of the drawer and worn only when my beloved Playtex Expectant Moments bras are in the laundry to be honest. :) Both styles have one handed flaps but I always fumble way more with the Bravado clasp, and don't feel the Bravado is as supportive as the Playtex. :twocents: PM me if you want to know what size I wear, lol.

Do the Playtex ones have hook & eye closures or snap closures? I *love* the snap closures on my Bravado's...I can do it one handed, and it never fails that when I have a hook & eye closure nursing bra on that somehow I end up with boob hanging out, or the thing comes unhooked in the washer and then the hook gets all bent out of shape and just doesn't work right afterwards.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC