It came today! Pics of my kids in the PWSGL!

zactayaus

I took some pics of my kids in our brand new Parkway SGL in Cardinal.:love: Gavin has claimed it as his own:rolleyes: and would flip out any time anyone else would sit in it.:p The only way dd was aloud to sit in the seat was if she held him and I had to let him help me take pics of Austin so he would stop screaming and trying to pull Austin out of the seat.:eek:

Taylor is 12 1/2 yo, 66lbs, 59", and has about a 21" torso (headrest is all the way up as high as it would go):
100_2009-1.jpg

Austin is 7 1/2 yo, 45lbs, 47.5", and has about a 16 1/2" torso (headrest is up one click):
100_2016-1.jpg

Gavin is 19 mo, about 26lbs, 34", and has about a 13" torso (headrest is all the way down and of course he will never ride in this):
100_2001.jpg

And here's my little helper taking measurements of the seat for me:cool::
100_2014-1.jpg

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Wow. So Taylor has about two inches above her shoulder? I'd love to see how that is in the car with her as well, if you don't mind.

Looking at her is like seeing Piper's future. Though she's even lighter than Piper likely will be (Piper has been at the 10% for the last couple of years, though she's been off the bottom as well). Piper's got a 19" torso at 8 and is 48 pounds. Blond curly hair. Seriously, she is Piper in a few years.

Gavin's so cute. Laine loves boosters. She loves all carseats, but if you have a slew of them around she'll go to the booster. Go figure.

Wendy

zactayaus

Wow. So Taylor has about two inches above her shoulder? I'd love to see how that is in the car with her as well, if you don't mind.

Looking at her is like seeing Piper's future. Though she's even lighter than Piper likely will be (Piper has been at the 10% for the last couple of years, though she's been off the bottom as well). Piper's got a 19" torso at 8 and is 48 pounds. Blond curly hair. Seriously, she is Piper in a few years.

Gavin's so cute. Laine loves boosters. She loves all carseats, but if you have a slew of them around she'll go to the booster. Go figure.

Wendy

Ok, Wendy, we did a real quick run out to the car for pics. We have a windchill of 22 degrees with winds gusting over 40 mph right now so we were very quick. I didn't realize until after I looked at the pics that the belt isn't routed under the arm rest:eek: but it was soooooo cold! I can get better pics for you on Wednesday if you'd like. There's one other thing I noticed right off the bat. When this seat's headrest is all the way up in my vehicle (a 2000 chevy suburban in the 2nd row passenger outboard position) the headrest on the PWSGL did not fit as well as I would have liked. It's just a little too tall. The right hand side of the headrest (if you were sitting in it) was being pushed forward and to the center of the vehicle because of the roof and pillar.

ETA: I think she lost a good inch in the car but will check when it's not so cold out and make sure that her hair is out of the way.

Any way here are our quick pics:
100_2017-1.jpg

100_2019-1.jpg

Last edited:

AtTheSouthDam

You wouldn't happen to have a Monterey to compare to would you? DD1 wants one and I want to make sure it has enough growing room. She'll need a HBB for DH's car soon. She is going to out grow the vehicles head rests before she passes the 5 steps and I want one with more growing room than the Monterey. The PWSGL looks like it may have it!

zactayaus

You wouldn't happen to have a Monterey to compare to would you? DD1 wants one and I want to make sure it has enough growing room. She'll need a HBB for DH's car soon. She is going to out grow the vehicles head rests before she passes the 5 steps and I want one with more growing room than the Monterey. The PWSGL looks like it may have it!

Sorry I don't.:( All we have are TB's and now this. I sold off the boosters/seats we didn't use (a FPSVB, a Vivo Lite, a Nauti, and a Frontier) within the past two months.

Last edited:

babyherder

I love that color!!!! (Yes, it does require that many exclamation points. Red is my favorite color and I wanted a red seat when I was a kid). Your kids are (of course) adorable!

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Thanks for braving the cold for the pics! I agree, about an inch in the car. I'm still shocked she fits at all, though.

Wendy

silentbooster

Taylor looks so great in her seat! :D

Does she wear the Secure Guard Clip?
My oldest, 10yo, needs a new seat, so i think i buy a PWSGL for her. Do you think she can wear the clip? Or is it only for younger kids?

zactayaus

Taylor looks so great in her seat! :D

Does she wear the Secure Guard Clip?
My oldest, 10yo, needs a new seat, so i think i buy a PWSGL for her. Do you think she can wear the clip? Or is it only for younger kids?

Thanks. Taylor will not be using this seat as we bought it for our 7 1/2yo. It's been so cold here that I haven't even installed in my dh's truck yet, but we'll be traveling on Sunday so I have to get it in before then. So as for the clip, for older kids I personally wouldn't worry about it too much but for younger kids I think it's great. Austin will definitely be using it as he tends to slouch as soon as he gets in his current seat (a TB).

emandbri

They look great! Love how tall it is!

I'm not sure how to find it but someone posted pictures of the montrey and the slide guard together and I believe the slide guard was 2-3 inches taller.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC