Pics of my kids in their Monarchs

Michi

It was a nice day so I got some photos of my two oldest in their Monarchs.
Julie (9 yrs, 60lbs, 54")
IMG_2111a.jpg
IMG_2114a.jpg

Joseph (7 yrs, 46 lbs, 49")
IMG_2115a.jpg
IMG_2116a.jpg

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Thanks!!!! I'm so wanting one of these... Tell me...what height setting is your dd on? Cuz my ds is the same size and he's using the top position on the PW, but has room to grow till he's really AT the top position, KWIM? I'm trying to decide if I need a gender neutral one or if I can get a girly one (one 9 yo boy who might never ride in it, two girls age 7 and 1 who could ride in it... pink or red, pink or red, hmmmmm...). I'm just wondering how much growing room your eldest has, basically? :)

Tara

Cool.
Your 7 yr old is rather on the small side too eh? My 7.5 yr old is around 45# and...maybe 47" ?? maybe not...somewhere thereabouts..shorter than yours, THAT much I know LOL

Michi

She is on the top setting (although I think I could lower is down a notch) she likes the wings/pillows up higher.

kimk2230

Are these seats wide? I am looking at getting one for my dd. We have a turbo booster for my ds and I was wondering how they would compare?
Kim

Michi

Are these seats wide? I am looking at getting one for my dd. We have a turbo booster for my ds and I was wondering how they would compare?
Kim

Yes - These seats are quite a bit wider than a Turbo Booster. I would compare them more to a Recaro. we Used to have Turbos for the kids, and you could still fit someone in the middle seat in the 3rd row...now there is NO WAY someone would fit there (...which is okay because it is a lap only belt.)

For comparison...Here is Joseph in his Turbo
IMG_0642aa.jpg

and here he is in the Monarch
IMG_2116a.jpg

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
Wow! They look really nice. And your kids look very happy in them. I'm wondering if they're wider than the Parkway. I sort of need a new booster for a daycare kid, but it needs to be narrow-ish... not extremely narrow, though, but I do need to fit 3 car seats across in that row. I was thinking the Parkway, but the Monarch looks so nice!

Michi

We don't have a PW - but we did try them out in the store. The reason we went with the Monarch is because the seat area was longer than the PW, and it just seemed to fit her better than the PW.

Here is Julie in a PW -
IMG_1652a.jpg

And here are the Monarch's empty and in the car:
IMG_1683a.jpg

IMG_1684a.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC