I need help arranging 5 seats...

Blondie87

Sometimes a couple friends and I will go to the Coast Aquarium with all the kids in her Expedition. They have a membership so we all get in free so we'll prolly have to go more often. We need to figure out a different arrangement because I was not safe during that drive.

We have a:
6 year old that is NOT booster ready in a Radian 80
2 year old
10 month old
and 2 4.5 year olds that both prefer to be rear facing
+3 adults.

I get the joy of riding in the backseat with all the kids each time. Thank God for headphones.

Seat available-
4 Radians (2 80s & 2 XTs)
1 MyRide
1 Scenara
1 HB Turbo Booster (N/A cuz no on can use it, but thought I'd mention it anyways)

So this is what we did last time-
IMG_5292.jpg

IMG_5286.jpg

IMG_5290.jpg

This is why it wasn't safe-
IMG_5440.jpg
IMG_5443.jpg

BTW- I had headphones on under my hood, so it may look a lil funky. I put my jacket behind my head, but if I moved it would slip down, and I don't think it provided much protection anyways. I couldn't move the headrest up because the Radian was in the way.

What can I do to arrange the kiddos and I better? I would prefer to be in the middle row so that I can pass things back and forth between the parents in the front and the kiddos, plus have some adult interaction as it's about a 2 hour drive each way. Also be next to a RF seat, cuz it provides more room. Other than that, the car is very roomy, and there is a ton of space in the bench seats. Most combos will fit, especially with all the Radians.

Help!

ADS

NannyMom

Could you put the RF Radian where the MR was, and a Scenera behind you? Then you'd be able to raise the headrest.

AnnaC

Couldn't you just switch the FF Radian and whichever seat was behind you? Will the FF Radian fit next to the My Ride? Seems to me like the best option would be to put the FF seat behind you.

Blondie87

Could you put the RF Radian where the MR was, and a Scenera behind you? Then you'd be able to raise the headrest.

Maybe, but the 2 year old would have to go there. The 10 month old's mom wouldn't want her in the Scenera for a 2 hour ride.

I am not sure if the FF Radian would fit next to the MyRide in the 3rd row..

Maedze

Is there a reason the six year old can't sit behind you? Will a forward-facing Radian puzzle there.

Blondie87

Is there a reason the six year old can't sit behind you? Will a forward-facing Radian puzzle there.

I'm not sure if it would fit next the MyRide... You can kinda tell that all the seats in the back fit, but there isn't much extra room. I had the seats in the back puzzle quite a bit...

jsta1005

I would do this:

FF RN RF RN RF RN
YOU RF MR RF RN

I'm sure 3 RNs would fit across the 3rd row and the MR and RN play well together facing the same direction leaving you lots of room!

AnnaC

I would do this:

FF RN RF RN RF RN
YOU RF MR RF RN

I'm sure 3 RNs would fit across the 3rd row and the MR and RN play well together facing the same direction leaving you lots of room!

That's what I was thinking too. Although you could switch the MR and the RN to give you a little more room if you needed to.

Maedze

I'd put the six year old in the back behind you in the Radian, then do a second Radian rearfacing in the middle, then the Myride puzzled over driver's side outboard.

I wouldn't put any of the four year olds forward facing due to the tether anchor situation.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Ok, back seat. Try MR (or Radian) on the drivers side, RF Radian center, FF radian behind you. The MR outboard may flair just at the right spot.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC