Quick XTSL question - anyone have the manual around?

geberika

CPS Technician
Does the manual say you MUST use the boot when you have it RF?

A friend's husband removed it because he was getting too much of a backward angle when installed in the middle of a 2009 Honda Insight. He removed it and put in a pool noodle instead to get the correct angle. I am not home so I can't look it up in my XTSL manual, but a friend's 65SL manual says you MUST use it RF?

ADS

StPaulMom

Just chiming in to agree that yes, you MUST use the boot for RF and that SK does not allow using noodles or towels for angle.

AnnaC

Yep. It sucks cause it makes it hard to get a good angle in a lot of cars, but you must use it.

Hopefully they'll come out with some kind of add on to help get the seat more upright.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC