Question Just ordered a Cosco Scenera 40RF

lovemybabies924

please tell me this is an ok seat!!! DH dosnt like to spend much on carseats because he believes they are all relatively the same so i sold my GN NIB one that i got a couple days ago today and knew that DH wouldnt want to spend any more than i made on this on so i went ahead and got the pink one to make me more happy haha:love: its really cute and has some sort of head support but im just hoping i feel like she is safe enough..i need some reassurance. and at least i got the 40RF one instead of the standard...:whistle:

ADS

Minnesota

CPST Instructor
It's a much-loved and oft-recommended seat here on the board, especially now that they have the 40 lb RF version out - that's the second-highest RF limit on the market! It isn't going to have the cushy padding and bells and whistles you might have seen on other seats, but it's absolutely as safe as others.

lovemybabies924

im expecting, and i have a combi shuttle that im planning to use for the 1st part but if she poos on it im gonna have to put her somewhere!!! I have two other cosco sceneras but they are brown and from 07 so i felt like she deserved a new seat :p i wanted a myride65 but was told today that they are not the best for FF later on in a van. (sold my original NIB scenera to someone working for their CPST or whatever today, and we had fun talking about seats). my older two kids are in evenflo big kid boosters that im HOPING to replace w/recaro boosters w/tax return in a few months if DH will go for it. :rolleyes: my 3 year old is 32-33lbs and in a Britax Regent i got off craigs list used (bad i know! but i trusted the mama that is was in perfect condition). i want to get him something else but i cant stand the thought of only being able to buy ONE child the "more safe" seat. i have an evenflo titan? that goes to 50lbs but i have had trouble getting a good install in DSs seat and cant drive 30 miles to the times they do the carseat check AND be back for the school bus :(

NannyMom

Have you had a tech teach you how to install the seats? They should help you so you don't have to drive to a seat check every time you put the seat in.

I'd rather see the new baby in the Titan or other Sceneras, and the 3 year old in the new Nautilus. But, I don't trust CL seats :eek: (unless I'm selling them :whistle:)

cat mommy

I'm not a tech, but I would feel comfortable using the Scenera for baby (provided it fits right). The kid I would not feel is safe is the one in a craigslist seat. People LIE on craigslist all the time. And some people are very convincing liars. So that is the kid whose safety *I* would be concerned about cause he's in a less safe seat.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I agree that I'd be fine with a newbie in a Titan or a Scenera (2010 or 2007). I would not be fine with a kid in a Craigslist seat: besides the possibility of lying about accidents, there's a greater (IMO) possibility that the seller has the best of intentions but doesn't know how to properly care for a seat -- did she wash/dry/iron the straps, was it checked on an airplane, etc.

hrice

I'm not a tech, but I would feel comfortable using the Scenera for baby (provided it fits right). The kid I would not feel is safe is the one in a craigslist seat. People LIE on craigslist all the time. And some people are very convincing liars. So that is the kid whose safety *I* would be concerned about cause he's in a less safe seat.

Diddo this. You are trusting a stranger with your childs life when you purchase a used seat. Not ever worth the risk.

lovemybabies924

i think i will just sell the regents seat cover on craigslist to get some of my money back and see if my mom will help me instal DS evenflo one because im sure i can get it tight enough if someone sits in it :p im 8m preggo so its hard to do it by myself w/out falling over haha:D

NVMBR02

If you can pull together $70 or so and Evenflo Maestro might be a good choice for your 3 year old. The harnes only goes to 50 pounds but will give your son more room height wise.

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
You don't need someone else to sit in a seat to make it tight enough. I taught my husband how to install our infant seat when I was 8 months pregnant. I installed it first, and then he copied my install.

You need to visit with a CPST who can teach you how to properly install your carseats.

Susan

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC