Richmond, Virginia???

super_grape

We are in Virginia Beach but heading over to Richmond in the am
to look around some more (were there a few days ago). My DH
LOVED Richmond and wants to look at realestate.

If memory serves me correctly, of few of you here live in Richmond.
Can you give us a heads up on great neighborhoods, schools, etc???

Also, where the heck is the zoo:) ? I can't find it on our map and can't remember the name of it....Katie is DYING to see a monkey and a penguin:rolleyes:...I'm pretty sure there is one - I think I saw it in a brochure?

Thank you!!!!!!

ADS

Dawn

The only Zoo like place I know of in Richmond is in Maymont Park. It's a beautiful park! If no one else answers from Richmond I can ask SIL who is in Glen Allen. Have you been to the zoo in Norfolk?

trailrunnermom

Also, where the heck is the zoo:)

We love our neighborhood which goes to Tuckahoe Elem. School in Henrico County - 5 yo DS will start Kindergarten in the fall. But there are *lots* of good areas around Richmond for families -- in Chesterfield, the city, and Henrico -- just depends on what you like best!

For zoo info, go to metrorichmondzoo.com. We went last week and had a great time. My boys love the skyride and carousel as much as the animals! It's a good size for kids (not too big), but take a stroller if your DD gets tired of walking. Also, sunblock. :) They sell food and drinks, or you can take your own. There are many, many kinds of monkeys, along with chimps, apes, penguins and much more.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
We are in Virginia Beach but heading over to Richmond in the am
to look around some more (were there a few days ago). My DH
LOVED Richmond and wants to look at realestate.

If memory serves me correctly, of few of you here live in Richmond.

Also, where the heck is the zoo:) ? I can't find it on our map and can't remember the name of it....Katie is DYING to see a monkey and a penguin:rolleyes:...I'm pretty sure there is one - I think I saw it in a brochure?

Thank you!!!!!!

Come buy my neighbor's house in Foxfire!!!!! We are *minutes* from the zoo!!!! It's closer than the post office, lol. Chesterfield county is where it's at... Brandermill, Woodlake, Foxcroft, Foxfire, Fox Creek, Summerford, Birkdale... all great neighborhoods... but then, I don't get out much and DH's commute to work has been very, very short, so I'm sure there's a lot of other great places I just don't know :thumbsup:

skaterbabs

You really should plan on going to the zoo - we could all go and have a nice playdate. lol Heck, I'll even cook dinner if I can play in Julie's kitchen. LOL :whistle:

super_grape

Thanks everyone!
Well, somewhere between my post and the next morning, he completely changed his mind and now we are in Raleigh checking out houses...after
this he wants to see Charlotte and after Charlotte I am sooooo finished:p ,
This town hunting/house hunting business is so NOT the adventure everone
was telling me it would be....perhaps if I wasn't riding around in an overstuffed
car with Yelly Yellerson and Screamy McScreamer....

A playdate at the zoo sounded like so much fun too!
Who knows, maybe he'll change his mind again:rolleyes: ...

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
LOL, oh well, it's all still 'close enough' for the big Virginia get together we are all planning for 'someday' :)

super_grape

I really liked Richmond too...hey, at this point I'd live just about anywhere...
whatever gets me outta the car filled with all our worldly posessions and 2
screaming children:) .
And we still have one more town to go....

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC