I think I broke my Izi Combi X3

khanbulgarski

Hey,

I thought I would start a new discussion which is also I bit similar with this one:

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=150066 , but now that a new problem occured I am desperate for your opinions about it.

I will try not to repeat myself from the previous topic, but long story short I wasn't happy with the isofix version of the seat and replaced it with a belt base. Everything went well- I achieved a perfect installation, but finally when I was just about to get the two straps that connect to the front seat tight (in the video they suggest to pull them as hard as possible) I heard something like a crack. Or it wasn't a crack I am not even sure anymore- there was definitely some noise somewhere from the seat as I was pulling the straps tight. I panicked and thought I punctured the shell or something. After spending a lot of time checking every inch of the base couldn't find anything wrong. Could I have done something that would make the seat unusable? What do you think-or am I just being paranoid?

Last edited:
ADS

MomToEliEm

Since you checked out the seat for any visible damage and didn't see anything, it might be okay to keep using the seat. I am not familiar with that seat though so I really can't say for sure if it is still usable though.

I hope it isn't damaged.

Adventuredad

I would be surprised if a crack developed from tightening straps. It's recommended to tighten these nice and tight. The BeSafe seat is strong and sturdy, one needs to really throw it around to create any kind of damage.

I think it's more lightly something in your vehicle seat moved somewhat and made a noise.

khanbulgarski

Thanks for the reasurance. I was really worried that I broke it you know. When you said it might be something from the car itself it started to make more sense, because I am using the third tether option and have pulled the straps throught the side of the front seat. When I tensioned it, the noise must have come from there. Thanks again for the help.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
That's a good thought. I tethered a seat like that (different seat but same kind of tethering, wrapping around the hinges of the seat in front through the seat bight) the other day and it did rather forcefully "pop" between the hinge cover pieces as it tightened. I can totally imagine that making a cracking-type noise. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC